Hard knot on pullet's back

It's ok. We named them Dark Meat and Other Meat so it was always clear. I'm not attached to them like I am the hens, but the hens sit in my lap. LOL. They are literally "off the table" unless we have to.
My hens are like that too! I get attached to mine because usually I start out thinking they are girls then they turn mean.

My hens are like that too! I get attached to mine because usually I start out thinking they are girls then they turn mean
We've each picked our own breeds. David chose australorp because he could use the males as a food source. I'm a pescatarian so I chose cream leg bars and bielefelders (auto sexing) but I did get lucky and got an Amerecauna that turned out to be a hen. The australorps are wonderful birds - but our first batch turned out to be all roosters out of a sexed order of 10 pullets. None of our roos have been mean yet. So, we've been very lucky there. We have one australorp, cream leg bar, and - today - one silver Bielefelder that we plan to use for breeding

We've each picked our own breeds. David chose australorp because he could use the males as a food source. I'm a pescatarian so I chose cream leg bars and bielefelders (auto sexing) but I did get lucky and got an Amerecauna that turned out to be a hen. The australorps are wonderful birds - but our first batch turned out to be all roosters out of a sexed order of 10 pullets. None of our roos have been mean yet. So, we've been very lucky there. We have one australorp, cream leg bar, and - today - one silver Bielefelder that we plan to use for breeding
My roosters are not really mean my first only pecked me a few times I really loved him but he didn’t like my family. My two silkies were okay one couldn’t see very well because of his hair the other was a bit mean. Then out of my two Cochins I mostly had to get rid of the one because he and the other one were fighting. The other Cochin I still have and he’s never tried to hurt anyone. They all went to great homes so it made it easier!

My roosters are not really mean my first only pecked me a few times I really loved him but he didn’t like my family. My two silkies were okay one couldn’t see very well because of his hair the other was a bit mean. Then out of my two Cochins I mostly had to get rid of the one because he and the other one were fighting. The other Cochin I still have and he’s never tried to hurt anyone. They all went to great homes so it made it easier!
We got lucky when our entire batch of sexed pullets turned out to be male. We found someone with 100 free range hens and no boys. She took them all.

Back
Top Bottom