Hardware Cloth—what size and gauge

I rolled mine out and cut it into 7’ sections. I had my coop set up so each panel was 4’ wide by 7’ tall. So it wasn’t too bad. My hand did get a little tired from working the snips the better part of the day though!
I was going to test using my dremel to cut the hardware cloth — I have rabbits too — all to familiar with the pains of snips ;). Thanks for the reply

I rolled mine out and cut it into 7’ sections. I had my coop set up so each panel was 4’ wide by 7’ tall. So it wasn’t too bad. My hand did get a little tired from working the snips the better part of the day though!
Good planning makes for lighter work in the long run, Kudos!

UGH just ordred 100 ft roll, wish I saw this first. The helpful hint is great — I get it totally — have done this tip a lot. Hoping I can figure a way to handle the 100 foot roll, cut it down to smaller manageable lengths. I am only 5.1 120lbs ;)
Sorry you should be able to unroll a manageable piece and work with it. Please let us know how it went and BTw my wife is 5’2” and .........( I’ve been married for 30+ years and I’m not an idiot) She could handle the 50 foot sections but preferred the 25 foot sections.

UGH just ordred 100 ft roll, wish I saw this first. The helpful hint is great — I get it totally — have done this tip a lot. Hoping I can figure a way to handle the 100 foot roll, cut it down to smaller manageable lengths. I am only 5.1 120lbs ;)
I use a hand truck to move the 50' x 4' rolls.
That hand truck was one of the best tools I ever bought.
I lay it on the concrete garage floor and roll out 15 feet at time, then cut it to the lengths I need. Gallon jugs of water for hold downs, knee pads, good tin snips.

I use a hand truck to move the 50' x 4' rolls.
That hand truck was one of the best tools I ever bought.
I lay it on the concrete garage floor and roll out 15 feet at time, then cut it to the lengths I need. Gallon jugs of water for hold downs, knee pads, good tin snips.
Thanks for the advice, I saved A super heavy duty tall cardboard box, I was going to try and rig it like an aluminum foil box. I just finished designing and building on a book about cardboard and am using cardboard for all sorts of things now. DD6DB752-2C7A-499B-845E-C60E969E9DEB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom