Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

You can't clog up the thread no worries. It doesn't look like it broke through the membrane to me but I could be wrong. It's hard to say from a picture but your options remain the same, you can wait or step in. Sometimes stepping in is just a precaution and you don't end up needing to do anything other than putting ointment on the membrane while avoiding the beak. It could be that the membrane is thick or dry for some reason and the chick needs assistance puncturing it. Avoiding blood vessels in the internal membrane is the most important part of assisting and there's sometimes lots of waiting in between helping.
Or you can wait and see what happens! :fl
Thank you. I am going to wait until tomorrow, so I have time to read through the assisted hatch thread carefully and bring the needed supplies with me instead of starting and not having something there. I’ll candle at lunch and see what I see, and then try once the kids leave for dismissal if it is still moving them. It will be a learning experience regardless and I don’t want to rush it.

Two have hatched!:wee
But I'm really worried about this egg, the little one has been trying to get out since this morning. It's pipped towards the middle of the egg, is that bad?
20220511_220747.jpg

Two have hatched!:wee
But I'm really worried about this egg, the little one has been trying to get out since this morning. It's pipped towards the middle of the egg, is that bad?View attachment 3103373

Congratulations! :celebrate I would continue to wait for now. I've hatched quail but I've been told by a number of quail people to never help quail unless they have fully zipped and just have dry membrane. Their reasoning was that there's usually something wrong with the chick. I've hatched all sorts of different poultry, including quail but if I were to go ask Kiki the quail queen, she would say don't touch it, lol.

As a general rule of thumb, no matter what I'm hatching I don't even consider touching until I'm down to the last few stragglers or there is something obvious in need of help and that's coming from someone that is not afraid to be very hands on. :)

Oops forgot to add. I am really impressed with the nr360 right now. Normally I have lost at least half eggs as quitters. Not with this,

Out of 22:
  • 2 infertile
  • 1 quitter
  • 19 made it to lockdown.
O boy what will I do with all these chicks.(15 from a previous hatch in my Styrofoam bator) Thanks Maryland for not issuing that chicken sale a week earlier. Or I would've waited to try this incubator out for the first time...

Oops forgot to add. I am really impressed with the nr360 right now. Normally I have lost at least half eggs as quitters. Not with this,

Out of 22:
  • 2 infertile
  • 1 quitter
  • 19 made it to lockdown.
O boy what will I do with all these chicks.(15 from a previous hatch in my Styrofoam bator) Thanks Maryland for not issuing that chicken sale a week earlier. Or I would've waited to try this incubator out for the first time...

That's so awesome! Fingers crossed for a wonderful hatch!!

Back
Top Bottom