Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Question! So this chick is very active and moving the other eggs around. On some of them the pips are now facing more towards the bottom since the chick has rolled it over. Is that ok? Or should I move the eggs back to the pip facing up?

Question! So this chick is very active and moving the other eggs around. On some of them the pips are now facing more towards the bottom since the chick has rolled it over. Is that ok? Or should I move the eggs back to the pip facing up?

It's normal for them to get rolled around as long as you can still see the pip and it isn't actually like rolled on top of the pip it will be ok.

It's normal for them to get rolled around as long as you can still see the pip and it isn't actually like rolled on top of the pip it will be ok.
I can see the pips still, most are on the side instead of facing up at the top. If the chick rolls an egg completely over where the pip is facing down, should I open up the incubator quickly and move it? This is making me so nervous 😂

I can see the pips still, most are on the side instead of facing up at the top. If the chick rolls an egg completely over where the pip is facing down, should I open up the incubator quickly and move it? This is making me so nervous 😂

Even if the pip is completely on the underside it shouldn't cause any issues for the chick to hatch properly. Sometimes they pip there on their own. The only time you need to be concerned is if you were having issues with humidity and build up of fluid in the air cell (which you're not, I'll just tell you right now so don't worry about that, lol). In very rare cases if the pip is in just the right low point on the egg it could potentially roll over on top of its pip but most of the time they roll back over or start pecking again to reopen it. I just don't like giving inaccurate info to people and there's always the small possiblity of that happening it's just not likely. So in other words, chick soccer is totally normal, to be expected, and nothing to be worried about. :)

I can see the pips still, most are on the side instead of facing up at the top. If the chick rolls an egg completely over where the pip is facing down, should I open up the incubator quickly and move it?
I do sometimes.
And if there are dry chicks getting too rowdy I pull them out too
(always in groups of at least two)

Even if the pip is completely on the underside it shouldn't cause any issues for the chick to hatch properly. Sometimes they pip there on their own. The only time you need to be concerned is if you were having issues with humidity and build up of fluid in the air cell (which you're not, I'll just tell you right now so don't worry about that, lol). In very rare cases if the pip is in just the right low point on the egg it could potentially roll over on top of its pip but most of the time they roll back over or start pecking again to reopen it. I just don't like giving inaccurate info to people and there's always the small possiblity of that happening it's just not likely. So in other words, chick soccer is totally normal, to be expected, and nothing to be worried about. :)
Thank you so much for keeping me calm 😂 I walked away from the incubator and told myself not to go back for a while hahaha I’m sure I’ll be back in 30 minutes

Thank you so much for keeping me calm 😂 I walked away from the incubator and told myself not to go back for a while hahaha I’m sure I’ll be back in 30 minutes

What humidity did you maintain? Just curious....

No pips yet for me.... So I'm distracting myself by setting up the brooder for the MHP

20210116_162425.jpg

Back
Top Bottom