Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Four out. Three more pipped. All yellow chicks.
IMG_20210303_071612557.jpg

Last edited:
Quick question for the more seasoned users. Is fluctuating humidity normal when adding water? Right now the humidity runs at 49/50% but when I add water it will drop down a few points for a while. Lowest it’s gone so far is 45%. I’m sure I’m over thinking and worrying too much but just want to make sure it will be ok

Quick question for the more seasoned users. Is fluctuating humidity normal when adding water? Right now the humidity runs at 49/50% but when I add water it will drop down a few points for a while. Lowest it’s gone so far is 45%. I’m sure I’m over thinking and worrying too much but just want to make sure it will be ok
Yup, totally normal. It has to do with the temperature of the water you're adding. If you add warm water there will be less fluctuation.

I put 10 eggs in lockdown last night. Should start seeing some action this weekend...

Quick question.... How do you know if chicks have pipped internally if you can't candle in lockdown? Are those references to chicks who pipped pre-lockdown? Just curious

I put 10 eggs in lockdown last night. Should start seeing some action this weekend...

Quick question.... How do you know if chicks have pipped internally if you can't candle in lockdown? Are those references to chicks who pipped pre-lockdown? Just curious
I candle during lockdown. :oops: I just do it very carefully. I stop when I have an external pip. After internal pip you'll be able to see clearly see the outline of the beak before it externally pips.

Hm I’ve never thought to try and candle through sides I may try that tonight. I seem to be in the minority on this site but I usually only candle once about day 11 or 12 throw the bad ones out and let it go, never had any problems

Back
Top Bottom