Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Hi, looking for some advice here. Today's day 19 for my chicken eggs. I've been using this new thermometer/hygrometer that has been keeping track throughout my temps and humidity. Anyway, last year they all hatched a day early. So to be safe, I stopped turning day 17 this time and increased humidity (perhaps a tad too early). When I increased humidity, I noticed temperature went down. Right now it's 97.3. Would you be concerned with this? Or is it fine?
Screenshot_20220323-141948_Govee Home.jpg

Hi, looking for some advice here. Today's day 19 for my chicken eggs. I've been using this new thermometer/hygrometer that has been keeping track throughout my temps and humidity. Anyway, last year they all hatched a day early. So to be safe, I stopped turning day 17 this time and increased humidity (perhaps a tad too early). When I increased humidity, I noticed temperature went down. Right now it's 97.3. Would you be concerned with this? Or is it fine?
View attachment 3035117

How long has it been since you added the water? It takes a little time for the incubator to warm up all of the additional water.

How long has it been since you added the water? It takes a little time for the incubator to warm up all of the additional water.
I added the water about 2 hours ago, where the temp went from 97.7 to 97.3 in about 10 minutes. For the past hour it has been fluctuating between 97.3 and 97.5, and now it has steadied out at 97.5. When I initially increased humidity 2 days ago, the temp had decreased to 98.8-99.0. And starting yesterday morning it decreased even further to 98.1-98.2. In the evening until now it was ranging from 97.7-97.9. So it just keeps steadily decreasing for some reason every time I have to add more water to keep humidity levels steady.

I added the water about 2 hours ago, where the temp went from 97.7 to 97.3 in about 10 minutes. For the past hour it has been fluctuating between 97.3 and 97.5, and now it has steadied out at 97.5. When I initially increased humidity 2 days ago, the temp had decreased to 98.8-99.0. And starting yesterday morning it decreased even further to 98.1-98.2. In the evening until now it was ranging from 97.7-97.9. So it just keeps steadily decreasing for some reason every time I have to add more water to keep humidity levels steady.

Hmm, where is the thermometer sitting?

97.5°F isn't necessarily too low at the end of incubation. Some people actually lower the temperature for lockdown (I don't suggest this, I just know some people do it). I believe their target temperature is 98°F when doing this so I don't think you'll encounter any issues with the hatch from this but I am curious why it happened nonetheless. 🤔

No, I used room temperature water. I'll have to try warming it up next time and see if that helps.

Sort of to the side, not in the middle.
View attachment 3035237

So here's my thought, maybe if you put the thermometer in the center it would be warmer. That's closer to where the gauge in the incubator is as well. I take my secondary thermometers out after checking the incubator so I don't actually leave them in throughout incubation to know if it's possible that this happens every time and I just don't know it.

So here's my thought, maybe if you put the thermometer in the center it would be warmer. That's closer to where the gauge in the incubator is as well. I take my secondary thermometers out after checking the incubator so I don't actually leave them in throughout incubation to know if it's possible that this happens every time and I just don't know it.

I'll go put some thermometers inside my incubator right now. Mine are also on lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom