Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Is there a substantial risk of harmful fumes from the foam shelf liner used to line the incubator? It looks like the hatch went well, so I'd guess not-- but I don't want to take any chances of additional risk on my first hatch. Thanks.

David
I suppose it is possible, but I and other's have used it for multi hatches with no obvious ill effects

Hey, so the first chick just came out. Seems to have a bit of unabosrbed something hanging from his bum. Here is a pic. I haven't personally seen this before. Will it be healthy? Should I do anything? Please advise
View attachment 3059945

This is egg waste is nobody explained.

I stopped getting notifications! So sorry to anyone that I missed!

Do I need a shelf liner for hatching? I have something called a rug pad, (similar looking to the below attachment) but don’t have shelf liner on hand (unless you count the ones sitting in the spice drawer covered in paprika, lol)

You don't "need" it in the NR360. I've done plenty of hatches without it. I just like that it offers some extra padding because newly hatched chicks flop around A LOT and it makes clean up a little easier.

Is there a substantial risk of harmful fumes from the foam shelf liner used to line the incubator? It looks like the hatch went well, so I'd guess not-- but I don't want to take any chances of additional risk on my first hatch. Thanks.

David

Maybe if it was fresh off the production line but most shelf liner that you buy at the store has been sitting there for a while and would no longer even be off-gassing. If you happened to get a smelly one you could just leave it out for a while until it didn't smell.
I just did some minor Google research and it also appears that most shelf liner is made with food-safe materials.
I've never really thought about it to be honest and I'm usually pretty cautious about these things, but I've also never encountered issues using it or ever found a smelly one.

Back
Top Bottom