Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Thanks for the replies! I currently have 19 cooking in there. There is an order of at least 8 coming, though at this point I don’t know when or how viable they will be, thanks to the post office.

The wayward batch is literally coming from KY, a state touching my own, VATracking number says it’s still in TN since the second. Delivery said it was supposed to arrive yesterday (Saturday) and I had made arrangements for pick up with my local PO. Keep in mind the other two batches came from CO and NE, and I got them Friday morning! Saturday afternoon I got a call saying the eggs were ready for pick up at a PO distribution center in VA like 3 hours away from me! Of course I cannot call back either my local or distribution PO. So I have no clue where they actually are right now. I’ll try to call again Monday :( Sorry for the rant!

Thanks for the replies! I currently have 19 cooking in there. There is an order of at least 8 coming, though at this point I don’t know when or how viable they will be, thanks to the post office.

The wayward batch is literally coming from KY, a state touching my own, VATracking number says it’s still in TN since the second. Delivery said it was supposed to arrive yesterday (Saturday) and I had made arrangements for pick up with my local PO. Keep in mind the other two batches came from CO and NE, and I got them Friday morning! Saturday afternoon I got a call saying the eggs were ready for pick up at a PO distribution center in VA like 3 hours away from me! Of course I cannot call back either my local or distribution PO. So I have no clue where they actually are right now. I’ll try to call again Monday :( Sorry for the rant!

Oh no! That's such a huge bummer! I hope they make their way to you sooner than later! :fl

I just went in to lock down yesterday and my humidity is staying right at 71%. I have the vent opened all the way and Well A is Full and Well B is half full. The first 17 days my humidity was perfect and averaged at 45%. I live in Florida and have central AC and my house humidity is in the mid 30's. Is there going to be a issue with my humidity at 71? I'm not sure how else to drop it and get it right 65.

When I accidentally add too much water, I grab a clean paper towel and curl the corner, stick it into the A or B well, and let it soak some up a few times. Do you have a calibrated hygrometer inside and they both are at 71%? My 360 shows about 3% higher than my hygrometer. 71 isn’t awful if you can’t bring it down.

That's ok, 71 should be fine for hatch. I would only be concerned if it creeps into the 80s consistently but short spikes while the chicks are hatching is also expected.
Thank you! You've been very helpful. I've read this whole thread and have been trying to follow everything as closely as possible of what you posted. This is my first hatch. The incubator its self says 68 and my govee is placed right in the middle and says 71.

When I accidentally add too much water, I grab a clean paper towel and curl the corner, stick it into the A or B well, and let it soak some up a few times. Do you have a calibrated hygrometer inside and they both are at 71%? My 360 shows about 3% higher than my hygrometer. 71 isn’t awful if you can’t bring it down.
Thank you for the response. I have a few cigar Humidity gages and there pretty spot on with the Govee within a degree. I'll have to try to soak up some water with the paper towel to see if I can bring the water level down a little bit to see if that helps.

Thank you! You've been very helpful. I've read this whole thread and have been trying to follow everything as closely as possible of what you posted. This is my first hatch. The incubator its self says 68 and my govee is placed right in the middle and says 71.

It's always incredible to me when people say they've read the whole thread! I mean, I know I've been here the whole time but that was over a period of years, lol! I'm glad you have found it helpful! 🥰

At Day 10 today, candled the 18 eggs that are left. 3 look like quitters…😞 Any idea why, and do you agree? Should I take them out or wait a day and check again? Here’s pics of the 3 I think quit in me…on day 7 they were alive with veins.

B68FC7A3-C5DA-49E2-B4C3-5D93FED741AE.jpeg 7092E976-7E15-4F60-8F74-F27E480731F1.jpeg 29DA57B6-EB92-4064-A24E-E9447360C938.jpeg The rest look like this:
1654640637788.jpeg

1654640671389.jpeg

1654640696748.jpeg

My last hatch I had a quitter on day 5, and the rest made it to lockdown. I lost the red plug on vent B, so I haven’t been using it, but I doubt ventilation is causing it. Humidity got up to slightly above 50% for most of today (was 45 when I left for work, expected it to go down like usual but when I got home it was 50 on the dot…rainy and humid today so not what i expected to happen), immediately dropped it down to 40 by sucking up water with a clean paper towel in the vent hole. Still can’t see 8-4 increase to max of 53 (Govee gave me the total %s throughout the day when I got home and saw how high it was).

At Day 10 today, candled the 18 eggs that are left. 3 look like quitters…😞 Any idea why, and do you agree? Should I take them out or wait a day and check again? Here’s pics of the 3 I think quit in me…on day 7 they were alive with veins.

View attachment 3140140View attachment 3140141View attachment 3140142The rest look like this:
View attachment 3140144
View attachment 3140146
View attachment 3140147
My last hatch I had a quitter on day 5, and the rest made it to lockdown. I lost the red plug on vent B, so I haven’t been using it, but I doubt ventilation is causing it. Humidity got up to slightly above 50% for most of today (was 45 when I left for work, expected it to go down like usual but when I got home it was 50 on the dot…rainy and humid today so not what i expected to happen), immediately dropped it down to 40 by sucking up water with a clean paper towel in the vent hole. Still can’t see 8-4 increase to max of 53 (Govee gave me the total %s throughout the day when I got home and saw how high it was).

I agree, the first 3 look like quitters, and the others appear to have healthy blood vessel development from these images.
I never use my plug, it stays in the box so it's definitely not that. It's also not the humidity going up so slightly for a short period of time. That shouldn't have any detrimental effect on your hatch at all.
Early quitters are the most difficult to determine the cause because we can't really "see" what happened even when doing an eggtopsy. The most that can usually be seen is what stage they quit. Occasionally, something can be seen with the naked eye, like mold growth inside the shell, but these instances are rare.

Did you reset the number of days to hatch on the incubator so that the turner is working?
I'm sure you're careful to wash and dry your hands before handling the eggs. Bacteria and oils from your hands can clog the pores of the shell.
It could even be related to the health of the flock, genetics, or stress on the flock.

I do have a higher occurrence of quitters when it's extremely hot outside. I'm not sure if it gets as hot where you live but here in the summer it's common to see temps in the 90s and when I collect eggs during those times I do have more quitters. It was a very non-scientific experiment but I even set eggs during the same time of the year when there was a slight reprieve from the heat because of more rain and there were no quitters during that time. Overall sometimes these things just happen.

Back
Top Bottom