Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

20230524_195744.jpg

20230524_195812.jpg

Any idea on the chances of these muscovies hatching? Either my bator decided it wasn't going to turn for the last week or the broody they were originally under never turned them.

10 to 14 went in the incubator on the 14th. Some where under a broody for a few days.

They do look very underdeveloped for having incubated for so long. If you still see veins I would sniff the eggs to make sure they're still good, mark the eggs in question and check back in a couple of days to see if there is any change.

Hey all.. I have spent the last week off and one reading this entire thread lol!

My husband got me the NR360 for Christmas and I did my first batch of 18 eggs from my own flock in March.. 2 were unfertilized and one I dropped while candling :(( was alive and moving and I was devastated.. the other 15 all hatched and healthy. So if I hadn't dropped on of my ee I would have had %100 hatch rate on my first ever batch!

Second batch I did 15 eggs from my flock and I don't remember exactly what happened but had a few unfertile and several early quitters.. I do remember issues with humidity but not sure if that's what happened.. had 7 hatch healthy

Third batch I had 20 from my flock in .. 3 infertile and 2 early quitters.. 15 hatched healthy..

Convinced hubby I needed another bator! LOL

The batch I am on now I got 8 eggs from a fellow chicken enthusiast who has approx 40 layers and 2 roos with them. The chances of fertility I figured to be low. Turns out, 1 infertile 7 fertile and growing! That is in bator 1.. second bator has my shipped eggs of EE, Fibroegger, Black Copper Maran, f2 and f3 olive egger, olive egger, Orrington surprise, English blue Orrington, silkie/ee mix, and whiting true blue.. 16 eggs were shipped. Seems 2 were either infertile or scrambled from shipping as they were shipped kinda strange and no signage saying live embryos or anything. Just s fragile sign. 3 early quitters.. at start of incubation I decided to put a few of my girls eggs in with them because I know how strong hatch rate is with mine lol. That way I could gage development of all from them.. one of those was infertile. I have a Barred Rock that would either not mate with the roo or throw his stuff because I would get a few non fertile from that breed. Thst being said as of last night I have 11 shipped eggs in bator 2 with 2 from my girls.. also looks like the 1 fibro I had left has early quit.. I have several I cannot see into so I just wait I guess. And one that appears strange but we will see what happens with that one.. my loss count if this one is no good is both my fibro, 1 Orrington, 1 silkie, 1 BCM, and one EE didn't make it from my shipped eggs..

All in all I am super pleased with the NR360 and would highly recommend it to anyone just starting out with incubation as it is user friendly! Also told hubby this would be it for a while but I am already running over in my head how many more I van get from my girls now that my roo is gone lol.. trying not to give in to the addiction hahahah

Hey all.. I have spent the last week off and one reading this entire thread lol!

My husband got me the NR360 for Christmas and I did my first batch of 18 eggs from my own flock in March.. 2 were unfertilized and one I dropped while candling :(( was alive and moving and I was devastated.. the other 15 all hatched and healthy. So if I hadn't dropped on of my ee I would have had %100 hatch rate on my first ever batch!

Second batch I did 15 eggs from my flock and I don't remember exactly what happened but had a few unfertile and several early quitters.. I do remember issues with humidity but not sure if that's what happened.. had 7 hatch healthy

Third batch I had 20 from my flock in .. 3 infertile and 2 early quitters.. 15 hatched healthy..

Convinced hubby I needed another bator! LOL

The batch I am on now I got 8 eggs from a fellow chicken enthusiast who has approx 40 layers and 2 roos with them. The chances of fertility I figured to be low. Turns out, 1 infertile 7 fertile and growing! That is in bator 1.. second bator has my shipped eggs of EE, Fibroegger, Black Copper Maran, f2 and f3 olive egger, olive egger, Orrington surprise, English blue Orrington, silkie/ee mix, and whiting true blue.. 16 eggs were shipped. Seems 2 were either infertile or scrambled from shipping as they were shipped kinda strange and no signage saying live embryos or anything. Just s fragile sign. 3 early quitters.. at start of incubation I decided to put a few of my girls eggs in with them because I know how strong hatch rate is with mine lol. That way I could gage development of all from them.. one of those was infertile. I have a Barred Rock that would either not mate with the roo or throw his stuff because I would get a few non fertile from that breed. Thst being said as of last night I have 11 shipped eggs in bator 2 with 2 from my girls.. also looks like the 1 fibro I had left has early quit.. I have several I cannot see into so I just wait I guess. And one that appears strange but we will see what happens with that one.. my loss count if this one is no good is both my fibro, 1 Orrington, 1 silkie, 1 BCM, and one EE didn't make it from my shipped eggs..

All in all I am super pleased with the NR360 and would highly recommend it to anyone just starting out with incubation as it is user friendly! Also told hubby this would be it for a while but I am already running over in my head how many more I van get from my girls now that my roo is gone lol.. trying not to give in to the addiction hahahah

Lol! Welcome to hatchaholics anonymous! Where we'll never try to stop you and may even enable you as we share tips and tricks to convince your significant other that "one more hatch" is ok! 🤣

I'm glad you've had such great results with your incubators!

Oh the enabling is definitely there! LOL! Yes convincing hubby would be nice.. it would be cool if I hatched for others with the option to keep one or two of the hatched lol kinda like stud service with dogs and you can get pick of the litter? I love the incubation and hatching process.. just running out of room now lol even tho we extended our run.. I already have 12 babies and now these in the bator oh my goodness hahah

Edited for autocorrect lol

Oh the enabling is definitely there! LOL! Yes convincing hubby would be nice.. it would be cool if I hatched for others with the option to keep one or two of the hatched lol kinda like stud service with dogs and you can get pick of the litter? I love the incubation and hatching process.. just running out of room now lol even tho we extended our run.. I already have 12 babies and now these in the bator oh my goodness hahah

Edited for autocorrect lol
I can relate 100%, first hatch the chicks were gone within a week, second hatch-all that were being sold gone within a week, kept 4 to grow out to be sure I had a pullet to keep (they are now almost 5 weeks old, 2 are waiting for their new owner to get moved and setup, 1 I'm keeping and the other still needs a home), third hatch-six gone within a week, 7 still need homes, and 3 I'm keeping (they are now a week old) I called it quits after that, I felt like I was on a merry-go-round that kept speeding up and wouldn't let me off :lau Just want to get to know the ones I'm keeping now.

I kept 3 from my first hatch.. they just turned 9 weeks saturday.. dad was Light Brahma and moms were Barred Rock, Jersey Giant and Saphire Gem.. the Barred rock is a Cockrell, the other two are pullets. I'll get picks later..

The second hatch I sold all 7.
The third hatch I sold 4 from that one and the last 2 from the first hatch that I decided not to keep.. sold 3 more.. left me with 8 babies.. went to TSC.. saw rhey had bantam and hubby wanted a bantam roo lmao .. minimum to buy is 4. Bought a bantam and 3 mystic marans.. looks like the bantam is a pulley lol! Now have 12. Def keeping the marans.. not sure what we will do with a bantam pullet as I fear it will be too small to house with my big girls.. had a buyer for the other 8 but he lost his job and has 4 kids sooooooo.. not heard from him and without a job I'm not pushing it.. worst case I keep em and process unwanted males? Idk we will see.. keeping all my shipped eggs that hatch (if they hatch) and not sure on my friends eggs.. will find out what he wants to do

Back
Top Bottom