Harry Potter - THe Deathly Hallows

Quote:
I think so too! But who would be the bad guy?

Severus Snape's illegitimate child with Bellatrix lestrange.....

My Stepmom, librarian, posted on FB about having Tix already... but you know, I read the books... I can wait for the DVD.

Though I must say I LOVE Emma's new pixie look.

OMG have you guys seen the American Talk bit with the Potter cast? That cracked me up.

Quote:
I think so too! But who would be the bad guy?

Severus Snape's illegitimate child with Bellatrix lestrange.....

now THAT one be one messed up kid!
lol.png

I am not a movie goer so I read the book. The movie looks good.

Do tell....where did the first movie end?

I look forward to seeing the movie once it is on DVD.

Sad about the series ending too. I do wish she would go back and write more detailed stories regarding Tom Riddles life...and well most of the older cast members.

Well - I went last night and I am pooped today...not used to be up so late. It was pretty packed. The girl taking the tickets last night said that they were showing it in 3 (I think, or 5?) different theaters there and that all of them were pretty packed.

I actually LOVED the movie. I think they did a really good job with it. There were a few things that I was really disappointed in, mainly the first part when the seven Harry's left #4 Privet Drive. They had Harry with Hagrid on the motorcycle, but had most of the chase on the ground in London in traffic. I have no idea why they did that???? What purpose? Better special effects? That was very annoying. I also did not like how they killed Hedwig. I also wish they had put a bit more in about how Ron, Harry, and Hermoine's relationship with Kreacher changed so drastically, but there was nothing at all about that.

The first movie ended with Voldemort stealing the Elder Wand out of Dumbledore's tomb.

All in all, I really enjoyed it. I plan on going back to see it in a few days with hubby. Then I'll go in a week or two by myself during the middle of the week in the day when it won't be crowded.

Now we wait until July 2011. *sigh*

Thanks for letting me know where it ended.That seems so far in the story from what I remember. I hope they put out the disc early.

I usually just watched the movies(except reading the last book),so now I am reading all the books.Almost done with the 2nd. I keep telling the kids they are missing a lot by not reading the books.

They did trim some of the less important details in the story, but in the main I think they did an excellent job of setting the tension and the darkness of the book. It's better than the last three movies in my opinion. I think it may be a bit intense for the Kinder Major in fact, but as she's read the entire series three times now I'm going to let her go.

Back
Top Bottom