Harts flea an tick shampoo killed Jerry!

rebelcowboysnb

Confederate Money Farm
11 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Independent State of Dade NWGa
Hartz flea an tick shampoo killed my dog!!

somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif

I am so sorry!!!! I have heard of problems with Hartz and Sergeant flea products several times over the last few years. Mostly cats and smaller dogs affected, some died. Call the manufacturer and report it. Call the Poison Center and ask where else you can report Jerrys death. I don't think the FDA keeps records on animal exposures or regulates it much but there is some place that does. Can't remember where but a vet/vet school/Poison Center should be able to steer you in the right direction....It will not help your friend or bring him back but it may help others!!! So very sorry about your loss, my dogs are better friends than most people could ever be.

Unfortunately unless you search the internet about it you wouldn't know.

I called everyone I new an no one new. The vet on the other hand said its an every day thing an didnt know it stayed on the shelf.

OMG! I am so sorry for your loss. I have heard of this happening before and I don't understand why it keeps happening. I also have tried everything under the sun for fleas and can't get rid of them. I am so sorry that you had to go through this heartache.

I'm so sorry about Jerry.
hit.gif

Joy lemon dish soap will kill fleas, i've used it for years on my dogs.
I dont have small dogs though.

Good for you for making the website and refusing to be paid off.

Nancy

fleas are a mess in Fl...20 mule team borax in carpeting and bedding, cracks and crannies in dog houses...vacuum up and re dust every two or three days until you quite seeing the little buggers...you have to break the breeding/hatching cycle

liquid seven in sprayer on the yard every ten days for four times, then once a month until you quit seeing them...again, you have to break the breeding/hatching cycle

I washed dogs with liquid dawn dish soap, the original...it will kill what is on the dog but there is no residual effect...

I have used Adam's flea spray limitedly on the dogs...don't like to use chemicals...

I have not had fleas out here in years and so long as I don't bring them in as passengers on some other critter or a boarder, I don't /wont have them...I screen all dogs before they come through the gate and anyone with passengers does not enter...

I hate fleas and do not accept them as the norm...I brought my first batch home from the vet clinic when I took my dogs for vaccinations...who would have thunk? Seeded the whole place and had a huge infestation inside and out...took a while but I did get rid of them using the methods described...it worked for me...

I am very sorry about the loss of Jerry...so sad...I had heard rumblings about the negative aspects of this product some time ago...I have never used it...

Last edited:
Im so sorry to hear about Jerry.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
We recently lost a pet as well. Do you think that it was an allergic reaction that did it?

Back
Top Bottom