Harvey the Great. . A Great Life with His Harem!

Pics
"Ok, here's a lineup" said the policeman. "Do you see the criminal?" "Yes, I see him", "he's trying to blend in and hunker down, but that is him, the white one the end" "I'd know him anywhere", "They call him Harvey!"

Harvey in a line up.jpg

I had lost track of the Harvey's Dying thread for a few days and could not figure out how to find it again... when I did, I read it straight through to the end... I have to tell ya, it was like a Hallmark movie, with its twists and turns, all the drama, the almost losing him, the TEARS!!! The people losing faith, your husband's stubbornness, your fears, your determination, the comminity's thoughts, support and prayers, your determination...the MIRACLE!!!..... .Honey, there wasn't a dry eye in my head!

I'm so glad you started this new thread so we can follow along in his ... well, can we call it a resurrection? It is around Easter time, after all. What a great feel-good story!

Anyway, I'm just so glad Harvey has a happily-ever-after going on right now and I hope he keeps it going on for a real long time.

He otta at least get a write-up in the local news.... or CBS' On the Road.... this is a GREAT story! I want a life-size stuffed model of Harvey, a Harvey Lives" or "Harvey Forever" T shirt... Harvey footprints up the back of a jacket ..... I (heart) Harvey! Or somethin! Even a children's book! Yeah!

My, my my. Harvey is feeling back to his normal self. This morning when I let all the chickens out of the runs to free range (in the rain) I found one of my 5 1/2 week old chicks had been locked in Run #1 (usually they all go to Run #2 for the night) and didn't know how to get out and return to her chick mates. I directed her to go through the coop and walked down the hill to see her return to the other 5. All of a sudden I hear a stampede and turn to see Harvey running full tilt down the hill after one of the Barred Rock hens. She obviously had a headache and didn't want to play. She ran right for me, put on the brakes and stood in front of my legs for protection. Harvey slammed on his brakes and just stared me down, like I had ruined his plans. I guess I did. The day is young Harvey, there are lots of girls and plenty of time left for all that. . .!!!
:lau

Jethro is growing up and now he and Harvey are having crowing wars. Either one may start it but the crowing will go back and forth for an hour before they tire. I was going to sell my Jethro and another up and coming juvenile rooster but my husband does not want me to. . .? I told him he will have to build another run and for them if we keep them!!

You are very lucky to have good health, but on the rare time you know you need an antibiotic it's handy. They have several different types that treat different things. I'm not a doctor so do research and take at your own risk.

You got that right! I am 70 years old and have all my pieces and parts. No major surgery, all organs are inside and accounted for! I can chew gum and walk at the same time and I can still deal with 50 lb bags of feed! I am grateful for my health for sure! Believe it or not I still have a baby tooth too! (Weird, I know, but it's true) :hugs

Back
Top Bottom