Has anyone ever had or heard of a chicken that NEVER laid an egg??

Yup, it's called a rooster
lol.png
Okay, sorry that's not what you meant, but roosters are chickens and I'm very happy and silly today.

Well, one of mine has only laid two eggs in her life, and she THINKS she's a rooster. And with the way she goes after my other hens (ahem), she would have ended in a stew pot if she wasn't named after a friend of mine (who keeps asking how "her" chicken is doing). So I can see a lesbian chicken never having laid eggs... Anyone want a butch hen?

I'll take a butch hen! My roos might think to tell her what's what though... Do you have a roo? I've heard stories of a flock of all females and the top female doesn't lay, "mates" the other chickens and acts like a roo- sometimes to the extent of crowing.

I had a serama hen that laid me about 2 eggs in the year I had her. Nothing seemed to be wrong with her. I found her dead the other day though. I don't think she was very old, she just never laid for me.

I have an entire flock of pullets that won't lay for me. Many are 7+ months old. Never an egg... One is almost 13 months old, no egg. What am I doing wrong?

Back
Top Bottom