Has Anyone Ever Known A Chicken to Snore?

SproutGirl

Songster
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Missoula, Montana
Tonight after giving my birds a little evening treat of yogurt & oats, they all settled down to roost onto their big 2nd-hand kitchen drawers that I hope will someday be nesting boxes. Well, they were all making their usual good-night sounds and fluffing up--getting comfortable and starting to doze off--when Amy the Araucana started doing what sounded like snoring. It was sort of funny, but I worried about her, so I made some noise and asked her if she was okay. She opened an eye and stopped snoring. As soon as that eye closed though, the snoring started right back up again. An airplane flew over the barn, and my birds hate airplanes. They all woke up, stretched their necks, and made little trilling sounds that seem to mean "what?! what is this?!" At least, that has been my novice interpretation. They re-arranged themselves (pecking order isn't real strong yet; the birds are just 8 weeks) and went back to sleep. Amy started snoring again. ZZZzzzzzz. . . Anybody ever heard such a thing?
hu.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom