Has anyone heard of a icecube loving duck?

Muscovy Man

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 5, 2009
Paonia, CO
Well, one of my Muscovy hens whose name is Delilah, her new favorite treat is ice-cubes. I break them up into bite size pieces for her and put them in my hand and she goes crazy over them
lol.png
!! Strangely the others don't seem to be fascinated by them as she does but I was wondering if other duck people have a duck that loves ice-cubes.

My new self-black call hen LOVES to eat ice and snow! They have plenty of water but she'll run right past the food bowl when I let them out and go after little pieces of ice and gobs of snow!

My ducks love the ice & snow too. If I forget to dump out their pond in the evening and it freezes overnight, they have great fun nibbling on all the little pieces of ice that I pour out in the morning.

Here's one of my Dark Campbell girls gobbling up the snow:
4348456385_03655d70e4.jpg

When I dump their little "preening pool" in the morning I always make sure the break up the ice into as small pieces as possible, They get very, VERY, VERY vocal and excited about it!

(They also love to eat snow too
tongue.png
)

Last edited:
My ducks love eatin ice. I was going to make them pea ice lollies in the summer.
Annarie this picture isn't as good as yours, yours is amazing! Cyooot little duck! But here is Doogie eating an ice drop off the tree.

41074_p1300815.jpg

Quote:
I disagree - that picture's adorable! I'm on a wait list for two White Call ducklings this spring! And, Pea Ice Lollies? What an idea!
smile.png
I'm going to be trying that one out - my Jumbo Pekin suffers in the summer heat, I usually freeze cake pans full of water for her to make big, flat cubes that I float in her pool.

we dont get much in the way of snow here, but my misters use to make a lot of ice cycles in the winter, as they would fall off into the ponds, the ducks would go crazy over them, like they were chocolate to a kid. Cute, but made me cold!

Back
Top Bottom