Has Anyone torn/pulled a Muscle/ligament/tendon Before?? Ouch!!!

Because french maids wear those frilly little caps.....soooo appealing!
wink.png

What about the flamenco flower? or those nice hair sticks?
Eet iz not verhy nice to have ze maid alwayz be French. Someone elze can clean ze house!

Back to topic, I pulled a muscle in my back shoveling composted chicken bedding and poo, then aggravated it pushing a full shopping cart. It's awful, but lots of heat and ibuprofen work wonders.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey we can dance around tables quite gracefully I might add ROFLMAO, And my outfit of choice is SUPERMAN!! DA DA. LOL I kill myself. Now com'on BEE you own a french maid frilly thing don'tcha.

AL

You kiddin? More like a Daisy Mae special....we don't do maids out here in the sticks, Alroy! <spits for emphasis>

We have to drape ourselves in sherpa to get a look from the fellas around here.....
lol.png

so, so, so bad! Must repent!
bow.gif

In my experience (which I have WAY too much of!), a torn ligament/tendon/muscle will not 'cramp'. I tore a muscle in my back, and tore a ligament in my knee. Both times, they hurt right away, for a few seconds, then after that they just felt 'weird'. Like my knee felt like it was hyper-extending, and made of jello
tongue.png
and my back just made everything else stiffen up. It's good to know that your leg is feeling better.

Are you still just putting heat on it? After 48 hours, you should alternate heat and ice. The heat will keep it swollen, increasing blood flow to the area. Ice is better to bring the swelling down. The recommendation is to apply heat for 15 minutes, then ice for 15 minutes, a couple of times a day.
smile.png

I've torn muscles twice. Once I was holding a young horse that was about to have a bath. He didn't want a bath. He yanked the lead rope so hard he dislocated my shoulder and tore my muscle. I was alone and got to put the shoulder back all by myself. It hurt when it happened, but it it hurts more years later. Occasionally, I'll have a muscle spasm that retears the muscle and makes it so I can barely move my arm for days. Another time I dislocated my hip and tore a muscle while riding. The horse I was riding slipped and fell down a hill. At the top of the hill I was on her. At the bottom of the hill she was on me. DH was there along with 2 others, one of whom was a nursing student. So at least I had help getting the hip put back. That injury flares up from time to time too.

I hope your leg problem was one time thing and doesn't come back.

Quote:
I am glad to hear your doing much better great. Now you are not going to stop running around that table in your french maid outfit or you!!!. LOL LOl, at least not for a few days.

AL

Smack me now.

smack.gif

Quote:
Good to know about cramping. I didn't realize that.

In the last 2 days it has been sore in the evenings. So, I will start alternate between heat and cold from now on.

Thanks for the info!

Quote:
I am glad to hear your doing much better great. Now you are not going to stop running around that table in your french maid outfit or you!!!. LOL LOl, at least not for a few days.

AL

Smack me now.

smack.gif

OOOUUUUCCCHHHH !!!!!!! LOL LOL

AL

Back
Top Bottom