Has anyone tried this typ of waterers---Ball Valve Water Feeder Dual Nipples with drip cups

Huh! Never seen them before. I use the horizontal water nipples but I would think if you take it down to the hardware store you can "fit" PVC into those ends with no problem.

One word of caution, however. Using vertical water nipples in cold country where it freezes in winter can be a royal pain...they freeze up...just FYI.

Huh! Never seen them before. I use the horizontal water nipples but I would think if you take it down to the hardware store you can "fit" PVC into those ends with no problem.

One word of caution, however. Using vertical water nipples in cold country where it freezes in winter can be a royal pain...they freeze up...just FYI.
I was able to find transparent tubing that fits perfectly. And will use that. I am planning to oeder some verticle ones and these will only be supplemental watering. I use the Little Giant automatic water "Bowl" for the man supply. All of the other nipple type drinkers have leaked or dripped so thought I would give these a try. Thansk for the warning on the horizontal ones. We do get down to feezing just about every winter.

I was able to find transparent tubing that fits perfectly. And will use that. I am planning to oeder some verticle ones and these will only be supplemental watering. I use the Little Giant automatic water "Bowl" for the man supply. All of the other nipple type drinkers have leaked or dripped so thought I would give these a try. Thansk for the warning on the horizontal ones. We do get down to feezing just about every winter.
You misunderstood my post. It's the VERTICAL nipples that will leak and freeze up easily on you. I use the horizontal ones for just that reason.

Quote:

Last edited:
Quote:
Sorry......I had the vertical ones in my head, but it came out as Horizontal on the page.

I was able to get these working well with the see-thru type 3/4" tubing. I added the bulkhead to the bucket and attached a spigot. I added a nylon female hose adapter to the tubing and just pushed the other end into one end of the waterer in the picture, I pushed another very short piece into the hole on the other end. Another nylon female hose adapter went in on the other end and a PVC hose-threaded cap on the very end. I used zipties to secure it to the cage wire.

Back
Top Bottom