Has anyone used this programmable thermostat?

I have the same one in all three of my homemade bators. But you can pick them up at the hardware store for half that amount and have sooner.

Well the water heater thermostat is not the answer. They have way too wide a temperature range for an incubator. They cost about $10 and you can get a wafer system INCUBATOR THERMOSTAT for $20. What kind of thermostat do you have now? If you have a wafer system you might just need a new wafer which is $6.

Quote:
"Programmable Thermostat" ???

Another twist to disguise regular water heater thermostat.

If you insist on cheapness and wide temperature swings you can get water heater thermostat like this in Lows for 7 bucks no waiting or shipping cost.

Quote:
"Programmable Thermostat" ???

Another twist to disguise regular water heater thermostat.

If you insist on cheapness and wide temperature swings you can get water heater thermostat like this in Lows for 7 bucks no waiting or shipping cost.

Thanks for the info!

Quote:
times 1000! i tried on of these and the swing was too great. i bought a wafer thermostat and got it dialed in and my temps have been a constant 99.5 degrees. can't ask for better than right on!

monty

Quote:
That's a water heater thermostat? Hmmmm....it's a wafer but it's a new incubator...it has not even been used yet because I cannot get it to hold a steady temp. My other two bators in the same room are doing just fine, though...

Have you checked to make sure the stem is screwed in the wafer tight?

Back
Top Bottom