Has my BA been playing with hair dye????

Quote:
I know that he is not a blue or black, and that he is a splash. I am saying that Blue Andalusians come in blue, black or black and white (splash). I am just wondering how their would be red in his coloring when red is not one of the colors listed for the breed. And his breed is Blue Andalusian, according to the hatchery I purchased him from.

Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
Sorry for all the confusion. BA meaning Blue Andalusian. I ordered him, with my other Blue Andalusian from MPC, so they aren't from me hatching them. The Blue Andalusian does come in a black and white splash, it was the red leaking through that I am wondering about. I have had a Black Australorp as well. Yes, all black with a beautiful sheen, plus they are much larger birds than the Blue Andalusians.

OOOK.
When I saw BA and I though you meant Black Austalorp... I thought it didn't look like a Austalorp... LOL

Chris

This is why I don't like non-standard abbreviations. BA could as easily been bufff australorp
wink.png
or bantam asil
ep.gif
or barred ancona
hide.gif

Hatchery bred birds are not bred to the standard. Generally they are bred for quantity, not quality. Autosomal red is a DQ or defect for blue or splash. There is no white splash nor is there blue splash. There is simply splash.

Back
Top Bottom