has my hatch gone wrong???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mysilkiebrood, Apr 11, 2012.

1. mysilkiebrood

mysilkiebrood Out Of The Brooder

Nov 3, 2009
    I put 20 various eggs including 4 quail on march 17. So I was planning on seeing hatches Easter weekend. 1 small chick hatched , and 1 quail. I know that they were all good to go , but I have waited and no more have hatched. I removed 2 eggs , one chick was fully grown but didn't pip from the egg and had no life signs. The other egg the chick was still attached to a large yolk sac. the rest of the eggs are still in the incubator. we realized that about a week before our hatch date while at work we had a 5 hour power outage, but never thought about it till yesterday. Should I leave them for a couple of more days or just remove them and start again??

2. DirtCreature

DirtCreature Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Olympia, Washington
    I would leave them in, if your power went out for a while i think a couple hours is ok.

with the power going out it might have set your hatch back, give it some time. JMO though

Good luck.

3. abbylane35

abbylane35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2011
    Lodi, New York
    It wouldn't hurt to wait a few more days. I hope that you have more hatches!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by