Hatch-Along - Anyone planning to hatch out around St. Patrick's Day?

Nice! The last time I hatched was for the Easter Hatch along last year. It's time!
I like to hatch each spring and I set up a camera so I can show live feed of babies in the incubator and eggs hatching this is my current set of babies/eggs. There is a baby in there too that hatched this morning but it has fallen in love with the camera and is cuddling it lol so we can't see it right now. The two eggs in front are on day 22/23 right now so hoping they will hold out until I get home to help them or get out themselves.

Nice! I have a couple of cams, one for each incubator, so I can check on them when I am at work, lol. I am on medical leave right now, so I will be at home for this hatch. One of the cams is small enough to put inside. Thanks for the idea! I don't know why I didn't think of it, lol.

Nice! I have a couple of cams, one for each incubator, so I can check on them when I am at work, lol. I am on medical leave right now, so I will be at home for this hatch. One of the cams is small enough to put inside. Thanks for the idea! I don't know why I didn't think of it, lol.
My son set it up for me to run the camera over Streamlabs to youtube so I can watch it at work and not stress as much lol.

I had bought a small cam for security. Then I bought another to put in the coop to see who laid what color egg. They are different brands, and each has an app to watch the stream, so I don't use YouTube. Then I started using them both for monitoring hatches. So much for security, lol!

My eggs this a.m. were not fertile 😢 I already hatched 18 chicks from a different rooster (but those are for food). I think maybe the original roo is a little bit more randy. This is the second rooster after I took #1 out and nothing so far. At least this one isn't getting beat up by the girls like the last one was. They're only now starting to squat when I reach a hand down, so maybe they'll get on with it soon.

My eggs this a.m. were not fertile 😢 I already hatched 18 chicks from a different rooster (but those are for food). I think maybe the original roo is a little bit more randy. This is the second rooster after I took #1 out and nothing so far. At least this one isn't getting beat up by the girls like the last one was. They're only now starting to squat when I reach a hand down, so maybe they'll get on with it soon.
My fertility isn't great yet I have one cockerel and three hens but I think he's only fertilizing two of the hens so going to have to add in more hens and another rooster so that maybe he will get his act together.

Mine has around thirty gals, but not maybe a only half dozen laying as of yet. I'm not giving them light, however they're in the greenhouse so they're getting all the daylight there is. I have enough eggs and many to spare--just no little wigglers apparently--not from this rooster. I'll give him time. Hate to put another boy or boys in there. I'm worried they'll fight and damage the film.

Back
Top Bottom