Hatch-Along - Anyone planning to hatch out around St. Patrick's Day?

Pics
I would like to. I have maybe five dozen, but I have no incubator and if I did, I can't get anyone to take them off my hands afterwards. Plus I would want to keep about 1 or 2 . Well, let's just be realistic here, all of them. :gig
Fortunately there is a weekly auction nearby that I can take the boys to. Or maybe it is unfortunate? The convenience feeds my incubating addiction :rolleyes:

In summer and fall we have 4-wheelers going by a lot on the trail. DH doesn't like it. He's a hermit at heart. 😂 None of them complain, though. They just stare at the funny cows. I really hope the three girls are pregnant, 'cause they sure have been eating a LOT this winter. They gotta be, though. The boy isn't jumping on anyone any more. :fl

View attachment 2031164
Aww! I want to be your neighbor, lol!
Sorry, that's not true. I am spoiled with the Florida weather.

Fortunately there is a weekly auction nearby that I can take the boys to. Or maybe it is unfortunate? The convenience feeds my incubating addiction :rolleyes:
I have a chicken addiction. I love to watch them come out of the egg and then I get to be the first person they see and they think I am their mommy. That is why it is so hard when one dies or I have to give one away. I have had to give away a lot. Since 2016 I have had about 200 chickens in my hands. I could only keep 30. :th:love

Aww! I want to be your neighbor, lol!
Sorry, that's not true. I am spoiled with the Florida weather.

Yeah, I know! Every year about this time we start talking about moving somewhere warmer. Not too warm because of my highly impractical cows, but warmer--like the Ozarks, maybe. We're getting too old for so much cold.

Yeah, I know! Every year about this time we start talking about moving somewhere warmer. Not too warm because of my highly impractical cows, but warmer--like the Ozarks, maybe. We're getting too old for so much cold.
The Ozarks are nice! I grew up in SE Missouri. The Chattanooga, TN area is also beautiful.

I love that part of the country. Here it's mostly conifers and a few aspens and birch thrown in. I love it here, too, but it's tricky to grow anything but animals--and expensive too, with so much of the year under snow so it's up to me to feed them. Can you imagine us moving, though? We'd need to hire the circus train.

I love that part of the country. Here it's mostly conifers and a few aspens and birch thrown in. I love it here, too, but it's tricky to grow anything but animals--and expensive too, with so much of the year under snow so it's up to me to feed them. Can you imagine us moving, though? We'd need to hire the circus train.
:lau:gig:lau

The eggs have arrived! The dozen I wasn't expecting until tomorrow actually showed up before the other two. @CindyinSD

Attachments

• 20200220_140329.jpg
    20200220_140329.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom