Hatch-Along - Eggs set in November, due December, anyone?

The baby chicks do really well with the nipple. No more messy water filled with wood chips
smile.png

It's cute too, sometimes they line up like elementary school kids and takes turns at the "water fountain".
Although, like with school, sometimes a bully chick pushes the little ones away and hogs the water.
wink.png
lau.gif
that is so cute!!

So the eggs begin to pip at 1 PM today (currently it's 6:30PM)... 4 have pipped till now but no further activity....

i don't know why these stupid images rotate when I insert them here??

This is my first hatch.. do I lock down on day 18 or day 19?

For me I'm thinkng day 18 but at 3pm just like when I set my eggs. I've had a couple temp spikes and I'm a little worried they will come early because of it. So just to be prepared..If your running temps are averagely low I would wait till early on the 19th day.

The baby chicks do really well with the nipple. No more messy water filled with wood chips
smile.png

It's cute too, sometimes they line up like elementary school kids and takes turns at the "water fountain".
Although, like with school, sometimes a bully chick pushes the little ones away and hogs the water.
wink.png
Cute!

For me I'm thinkng day 18  but at 3pm just like when I set my eggs. I've had a couple temp spikes and I'm a little worried they will come early because of it. So just to be prepared..If your running temps are averagely low I would wait till early on the 19th day.
awesome thx!!! :) my second bator that I wanted to lockdown in will b here on day 18. My temps have been 99/100 in a still air so they may come a tad late or just on time....I put them in at like 7am so I am hoping they will hatch during the day when my kiddos can be up to watch :)

awesome thx!!!
smile.png
my second bator that I wanted to lockdown in will b here on day 18. My temps have been 99/100 in a still air so they may come a tad late or just on time....I put them in at like 7am so I am hoping they will hatch during the day when my kiddos can be up to watch
smile.png

I wish my still air was that dependable! It's driving me crazy these last few days..
he.gif
That would be awesome if they hatch for the kiddos to see! I will wake up my kids in the middle of the night to catch one coming out of the shell hehe. " Oh, sorry he's a little tired today teacher. We were studding science in the middle of the night! "
roll.png

So my first chick is on 24 hours...halfway out but the little guy seems so tired :(
Have 3 more pips and it's day 21.
Still can't get humidity over 55...I have 3 jars with sponges in there. I can only hope it's enough for them to hatch properly ;( any ideas?!

Back
Top Bottom