Hatch-Along - Eggs set in November, due December, anyone?

I think I am going to hatch more eggs! Hope really needs a buddy and I think this is the only way to get her one. (or two or three lol) I am going to build a whole new incubator though. This last one sucked. :/

We need to see Hope's pics, BTW where do you live? anywhere close to GA? I tried to see the difference in the wing feathers and they looked all the same, long to me well except for one and my husband just kept saying, just wait, you can't wait you are so impatient, it doesn't matter what we have and we will be able to tell soon enough. Oh well, I did name the first one Origami.

Yeah thats the hard part, but the one I thought might be dead, I took the egg and put it to my ear and tapped on it and you can hear the chick peep, but only if it is close to hatching, and as long as they don't stink then they are good.

We need to see Hope's pics, BTW where do you live? anywhere close to GA? I tried to see the difference in the wing feathers and they looked all the same, long to me well except for one and my husband just kept saying, just wait, you can't wait you are so impatient, it doesn't matter what we have and we will be able to tell soon enough. Oh well, I did name the first one Origami.
Do you mean difference in wing feathers as in for sexing the chicks? I have Hope's wing feathers at two days old, and I think she's a girl, but you can never be 100% sure:

They are pretty long. This was taken a week ago.

Here is a few pictures of Hope I took just a few minutes ago:

Her wings are all feathery now, and her tail feathers are barely there.

"Whut?"

She is pretty big. Two days ago her tail feathers were just kind of stick- like things like her wings were at day two/one. They just started looking like actual feathers today and yesterday. Should I be able to give her a bit of spinach soon? She is always preening her precious feathers. I live in Canada btw, and I had to look up what GA meant. lol

wow she is pretty, so yellow, well your too far north I was going to give up some of my babies. I need to take pics and yeah I gave up on trying to sex the chicks, will have to wait and see. Before i could tell the sex of cats long time ago, we had a cat and we called (him) Mikey well Mikey turned out to be a Michelle, hope, Hope doesn't turn out to be Nope.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Do you mean difference in wing feathers as in for sexing the chicks? I have Hope's wing feathers at two days old, and I think she's a girl, but you can never be 100% sure:

They are pretty long. This was taken a week ago.

Here is a few pictures of Hope I took just a few minutes ago:

Her wings are all feathery now, and her tail feathers are barely there.

"Whut?"

She is pretty big. Two days ago her tail feathers were just kind of stick- like things like her wings were at day two/one. They just started looking like actual feathers today and yesterday. Should I be able to give her a bit of spinach soon? She is always preening her precious feathers. I live in Canada btw, and I had to look up what GA meant. lol

She's growing up so fast!
big_smile.png
I remember when she just hatched lol Still super cute. Canada is pretty far away from me too but all my chickens are laying so they would've been to old to be around her.

She is cute, isn't she! I sure hope she's a she! lol I wish I could get some friends for her now. :/ Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom