Hatch-Along - Setting egg's Feb 18th, anyone else?

If I can get my incubator's thermostat to stabilize, I will be setting 12 Blue splash marans, 12 Ameraucanas, 12 French Black Copper Marans and six EEs. **fingers crossed**

My best friend has what she calls her "Doctor Suess" flock, all purebred hens, everything from Turkens to Black Copper Marans. It turns out the Sizzle I gave her last year is a rooster, and after a test hatch that revealed 4 fuzzy legged Easter Eggers, 2 of which frizzled beautifully, I asked her to save her eggs for a week for me to hatch out some frizzled little bit of everythings!

So I will happily join your hatch, with my 4 dozen frizzled fathered eggs! These are going to be some funky chicks!
celebrate.gif

UPDATE: I had enough of my own Sizzle, Giant Cochin, and Speckled Sussex eggs to add another dozen to the pile. So I set five dozen eggs about ten minutes ago.

Last edited:
I'll be setting some on wed.... so a day behind but closer than last time I tried a hatchalong! A dozen black split and lav americana's, Easter eggers, silkies and who knows what else will get put in the incubator (g) some are for my friend and some for me and maybe a few for another friend.

I didn't get my bator to stabilize until today... so my eggs went in today at 10AM. And there were more eggs than I thought <G> ended up setting a dozen Black split to lav Amerucanas, a dozen Blue, black and split to lav amerucana's, half dozen SQ Silkies (mostly Paints, maybe some lav over porcilen ), about 8 RIR over Easter Eggers and 4 silkie (white over partridge) and 4 of my one of the silkies <or possibly rir/blue andalusian croos> over blue andalusians and brown egg layers <not sure which of the girls 2 of them were but could be Buff orp, rir,black sexlink, or crazy rescue hen> if I remember right I set about 4 1/2 dozen eggs.... I think the temps are almost back to normal <G> at 9pm <G>

Back
Top Bottom