Hatch Along - Setting eggs June 7th.....anyone else?

Four chicks out now...two from Paint eggs that look to be blue or black, one buff and a porcelain, all Silkies.

I hope more hatch while I'm here. If only I didn't have to work tomorrow!
barnie.gif

Can I join in on this hatch along? I brought home duck eggs on the 4th of June and it is day 25 and I have one external pip! Too bad it is on the wrong end. I'm praying he comes out just fine!
fl.gif

#14 hatched this morning after a very long night of trying. It kept pushing against the shell this morning but it was having issues so I did help it when I knew everything looked "clear". I basically gave her some more wiggle room and she finally kicked, pushed her way out.

I am thinking I have 4 left to hatch as 3 looked like duds i'm not going to count them. I am really hoping my other black copper marans hatches. As it is right now I only have 1 blue copper and 1 black copper (these were the whole reason I got hatching eggs)

I have to say the best part of this whole process has been how excited my 13 almost 14 yr old son has gotten excited over them. He has been a mother hen while i've been at work watching the humidity and such, and taking care of the brooder babies. Not much excites him lol.

I hope everyone is having good luck this morning on what should have been hatch day for me lol. Here is another picture (make that pictures lol) as I'm sure like me you all can't get enough :p

Last edited:
How do you like the Brinsea? I have been looking at them but wasn't sure if the cost would be worth it. By next year I will have grown silkies and sumatras so am hoping my hens will do most of the job.
wink.png

DeannaOR: they are so cute!!! Congratulations :)

caj1985: I don't have anything to compare it to, I honestly think I have had pretty good luck with it. It says it can hold up to 24 eggs, while turning it was fine with the 21 in there, but once I laid them down to lock down it was a tad snug. The first one to hatch I wasn't sure if it was going to have room to kick the shell off, and it spent the night surfing the top of the eggs. I have had to keep another termo/hydrometer inside to keep the stats where they need to be. I don't know if that info will help you or not. I waited until they had a 10% off thing (facebook announcement) and got it then also they had a sale going on at the same time. It was still a bit of an investment.

Denise

The little Ameraucana is black with yellow under it's chin, on it's belly and on the very tips of it's wings. The EE is all yellow...I thought they came out like chipmunks? Which one is supposed to have green legs? The Ameraucana has black fading to white on it's toes and the bottoms are yellow.

Back
Top Bottom