Hatch-Along - Setting eggs this weekend (Jan5/6) WHOS WITH ME!

chicken pickin

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 3, 2012
Im getting my shipped eggs hopefully by Sat and Im going to set them on Sunday January 6th. Anyone else want to join me?

I'll join you. I just got in a new incubator...the Reptipro so I'm going to give it a try using eggs from my hens. I'm going to be setting 6-8 eggs either this Saturday or Sunday. They are Blue Laced Red Wyandottes.

I love Welsummer eggs they are so pretty. Im thinking of doing a whole batch of those next. This shippment Im getting is going to be a mix of EE, OE, pure Ameraucana and maybe BCMs and/or Welsummers. Ill find out when they get here.

I'll join you. I just got in a new incubator...the Reptipro so I'm going to give it a try using eggs from my hens. I'm going to be setting 6-8 eggs either this Saturday or Sunday. They are Blue Laced Red Wyandottes.
Ive never heard of a Reptipro. Im new to incubating though this is my second batch. I have a Hovabator 1588 and it worked great for my last hatch 15chicks out of 16 eggs.

This batch im setting at least 24 maybe with extras if I receive them.

I found the Reptipro online. The ad said it was good for incubating chicken/bird and reptile eggs. I wanted a second incubator as a back up so I thought I would try it. I also have a hovabator 1588 and right now I have 9 eggs that were due to hatch yesterday in it. So far only one had hatched and it was from my hen. The rest were mail ordered from My Pet Chicken. I started out with 27 eggs but after candling I was down to 9 at lock down.

I found the Reptipro online. The ad said it was good for incubating chicken/bird and reptile eggs. I wanted a second incubator as a back up so I thought I would try it. I also have a hovabator 1588 and right now I have 9 eggs that were due to hatch yesterday in it. So far only one had hatched and it was from my hen. The rest were mail ordered from My Pet Chicken. I started out with 27 eggs but after candling I was down to 9 at lock down.
Do you think it was the shipping that caused so many eggs to not make it to lockdown or the incubator? I hope the rest hatch for you
fl.gif

Do you think it was the shipping that caused so many eggs to not make it to lockdown or the incubator? I hope the rest hatch for you
fl.gif
Well, I'm thinking it's the shipping. I did have a hovabator go bad on me and the company replaced it right away. Then they suggested that I put in a second thermometer and a non-shipped egg in along with the mail ordered ones as a control. If my hen's egg hatches with no problems, chances are it's the shipping that is messing up the eggs. It just kills me that out of 26 mail ordered eggs only 8 made it this far. Hopefully, tonight when I get home I'll have more new babies. Either way I'm still going to set some of my hens eggs this weekend. Hatching eggs is so addicting!

I definitely agree this is addicting. My last chicks just hatched on Christmas eve and I have them in the bathroom brooder. Im setting the next batch this weekend and I have eggs lined up for the 1st week of february Im hoping after that my own roosters will have been doing their jobs and I can hatch my own eggs. OOOHHHH and then there are our turkeys lol I cant wait to hatch our own poults
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom