Hatch-Along - Setting eggs this weekend (Jan5/6) WHOS WITH ME!

Oh my gosh! As soon as I posted that none of mine were wobbling I stared in the incubator for a while and they are!!
big_smile.png
Got wobbles all around the incubator. Don't know if it's all the eggs but it's a good deal of them, very exciting I keep staring at them waiting for pips. Tomorrow's day 18 for me.
Congrats on the wobbling! I think tomorrow is going to be a busy day for this group!

I'm up to 6 pips out of 17 eggs, and it's time for bed. Tomorrow is day 21, and I'm hoping to see LOTS of zipping. Thank goodness I don't have to go to work.

I hate all of you! I can't see any of mine pip - they are in the top two trays of the hatcher. It will be a surprise in three days.
big_smile.png
We can't see ours pip either!! We are living through all of the other folks who are able to give us a play by play! We just have to sit and wait with fingers crossed and hope the cold didn't mess up the eggs!
barnie.gif

Into lockdown we just went! Went to 37 good looking eggs, one suspect went to bad, leaving 3 suspect eggs. Not bad out of 42! Let's hope they all hatch. We have our brooder boxes done, there are 3 of these, gonna be cozy if I do end up with 37! Just need to resolve lighting/heat and good to go!

Make sure the chickens can't get to your bator if you set it outsida. Chickens are known for EATING styrofoam bators.
OOOOH! I hadn't thought of that! Thanks. But luckily, I make sure they are up when I do that (wouldn't want them near the bleach either).

Well, times getting closer. Jill hears peeping in her orphington eggs. I don't hear anything in my Marans eggs.

Sorry about the cold temps. 36/50 and 30/39 aren't terrible numbers though. With that kind of fluctuation, I'm surprised you haven't lost more. I hope your family and bators get a break from the cold soon!
None of the remaining 36 in bator 1 look ready for lockdown, so I am afraid the rate will be much lower than 36/50. There are also several more in the 30/39 batch that look like bloodrings, but I only tossed clears. I never toss a bloodring the 1st time I see it, just to make sure. I'm usually right, but have had a few surprise me. I'm trying to get a cabinet bator, but it's proving hard to find 1 in my price range within a reasonable drive for pick-up.
OOOOH! I hadn't thought of that! Thanks. But luckily, I make sure they are up when I do that (wouldn't want them near the bleach either).

Well, times getting closer. Jill hears peeping in her orphington eggs. I don't hear anything in my Marans eggs.
Chickens definitely eat styrofoam. We discovered that when my daughter gave all 3 pens of ours yogurt on styrofoam plates last summer. Goofy birds ate the plates & left the yogurt.

caf.gif
How are everyones eggs this morn? Did anyones pips get bigger or are any close to zipping? Today is day 20 for me and my eggs are the same as day 18, wobbling eggs maybe 6-8 that Ive noticed. Ill be working all day so maybe Ill have something when I get home. If not from my eggs Im sure someone will have some pics to share by dinner time.

Hey there! I did a staggered hatch. My first time ever & with crappy still air LG. I got 4/5 chicks first time 3 days ago. I'm in a humid, but cold climate right now, & gotta say, I got that humidity up to 65-75% on day 18. I have 3 more eggs in lockdown now! All rockin & now cheeping! I may get to like this too much! My first batch hatched a day early - I wonder if these guys will too. Then they will be hatching tomorrow! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Back
Top Bottom