Hatch-Along - Setting eggs week of Feb 4th..anyone else?

day 27 ? really ?
Yeah, like I said, it was probably a one time deal, but it honestly happened. Just like the 18 day old embryo that survived 3 days and nights at room temp. on the kitchen table. It really did happen, it's just probably an extreme circumstance.

The day 26 - 27 hatch is what taught me how important it is to calibrate thermometers. I had a horrible hatch rate, but I did get a couple chicks.

2:30 in the morning and I now have my very first baby chick ever!!!!!!! Now hopefully the other figures its way out before being used as a soccer ball.

Congradulations!
celebrate.gif

Bangarang64: Try talking to the eggs, singing to them, etc. The noise may wake them, maybe encourage movement or pipping. I start talking to my eggs on day 2 or 3, every time I turn them at minimum.....I say to them exactly the words I use with my flock every day..."Hellooooooo!? Good Morning, Girls!" Helps them tell momma human apart from ther humans, since we change our feather color every day :)

2 pips... I love the cheeping. :)

I really hope my one night of temps that fell didn't ruin things... I checked at 9 pm and it was at 99.2, but when I checked at 7:30 the next morning, it was at 96.4... UGH...

Both my little chicks made it!!!! The second finally hatched! My daughter and I got to watch!

Back
Top Bottom