Hatch-Along - Setting eggs week of Feb 4th..anyone else?

So now that both chicks have hatched is it fine for me to remove the water dish and cloths I used to raise the humidity so they dry off faster?

GOT ONE. :)

It was PERFECT. Each student has their number on an egg. I have student that stays for tutoring on Tuesdays, and he has always felt really bummed out about having to stay. Well today his egg had the second pip, and hadn't seemed to do much all day. We had dismissal, came in, and his little chick had gone to town zipping away. Instead of our regular tutoring, he cheered for his little chick and actually got to see it hatch. It was quite a miraculous event.

I've decorated my classroom with streamers and balloons, and we have party hats for tomorrow. We will be having birthday cake and watching "Chicken Run." :) I told them it is not a hatch day party, since we cannot have parties during Lent. Instead, we are acknowledging the miracle of life, with balloons, party hats, streamers, and birthday cake. LOL...

here are pictures... yes, this happened.

GOT ONE. :)

It was PERFECT. Each student has their number on an egg. I have student that stays for tutoring on Tuesdays, and he has always felt really bummed out about having to stay. Well today his egg had the second pip, and hadn't seemed to do much all day. We had dismissal, came in, and his little chick had gone to town zipping away. Instead of our regular tutoring, he cheered for his little chick and actually got to see it hatch. It was quite a miraculous event.

I've decorated my classroom with streamers and balloons, and we have party hats for tomorrow. We will be having birthday cake and watching "Chicken Run." :) I told them it is not a hatch day party, since we cannot have parties during Lent. Instead, we are acknowledging the miracle of life, with balloons, party hats, streamers, and birthday cake. LOL...

here are pictures... yes, this happened.

This is wonderful. Just wonderful.

AAANNNNNDD WE HAVE A PIP, FOLKS!!! The first pip of the season, HOORAY!!!!
ya.gif

Funny....it's on one of the SLW eggs, the only one that I had put a "?" on at Day 12, because it's air cell was really funky and displaced, and I never saw it moving. Crossing my fingers it hatches ok.

AAANNNNNDD WE HAVE A PIP, FOLKS!!!  The first pip of the season, HOORAY!!!!:ya  

Funny....it's on one of the SLW eggs, the only one that I had put a "?" on at Day 12, because it's air cell was really funky and displaced, and I never saw it moving. Crossing my fingers it hatches ok. 
Fingers Crossed!

My straggler has pipped! Here's rooting for her, too!

Here's my 5 in the brooder!

The last egg in the hatcher hatched out last night: 6 of 6 that went in. :) I had 7 but one looked like it had quit before my first candling, so I removed it. :(

7 more go in on thursday! here's hoping for at least 5 pullets! :)

Back
Top Bottom