HATCH COMPLETE! I have 15 beautiful Delaware chicks.

fl.gif
[/img] I've got all my fingers crossed hoping that you will have a 100% hatch. I looking forward to getting some Welsummer eggs to you as soon as the girls start pushing them out a little more regularity. They're still young. Don't think you will have much luck candling them. Looking forward to seeing the post on the hatchlings.

th.gif
Thank you so much, Opa. You know, if this ends up being a 100% hatch, I'm pretty sure I'll have more pullets than what I want to keep. Got any extra room in your coop?
wink.png

Edited to say that I'm sure they'll be plenty of extra roos too!

Last edited:
i got deleware giants in my incubater with 3 rir so far 2 of the rir have hatched i candled and seen all are still full i am given mine a couple days to see i hope mine hatch to they were due to start hatchen today:) good luck with ur deleware my friend

OMG...5 have pipped, but in the wrong part of the shells! 1 has pipped on the completely wrong end, and 4 have pipped in the middle of their shells.
barnie.gif

2 of the 5 have completely pipped through the membrane and shell, so I know those 2 are getting air. But the other 3 are the ones I'm super worried about!
fl.gif

How long should I wait before I help pip the membrane for them so they can breathe? At least 24 hours?

This is so hard! I wish I knew exactly what was going on inside those eggs at this stage of hatch. Can they still hatch ok, even with pipping in the wrong place, but not through the membrane?

I'm just so freaking out right now!

sorry i only have experience with stuck chicks and help chicks i have never had wrong enders maybe someone with more knowledge on this subject will help.

Back
Top Bottom