HATCH IS DONE! I HAVE 3 CUTE CHICKS! PICS PG 6 & 7 & 9 & 11!

My 2nd eg just hatch!
woot.gif

it's a black chick!
jumpy.gif

i hope she makes it though..she had alot of blood with her hatch
hmm.png

she's restin right now.. i'll take pics of her in a few
smile.png

luvmychicknkids: I am on day 10 with my first batch. I added 2 about 3 days ago that I had to take from our broody hen because an opossum found it's way through a hole in the coop where she was sitting and ran her off the nest. The next morning I found an empty egg shell with blood
hit.gif
in it and 2 eggs the hen would not go back to. She actually wouldn't come off the roost! So I brought them in and put them in the incubator too after callilng my friend at the local feed store to make sure I could stagger hatches in the same bator. So I candled them yesterday to check the hatch date and we have two different hatch dates for the two eggs from the same hen!!! Come to find out, my other two hens were going in beside her nest and laying eggs beside her and then she was pulling them under her!!! But good news for now, the eggs in the bator have wonderful veins and are almost completely full of chick!!! So I am thinking any day now for at least on of them and maybe 3 days later for the second!!! I am excited and so is my son!!!

BirdBoy88: Congrats!!!!!

I know there soooooooooooooooo cute!!!!
love.gif

there are 2 more eggs that have to hatch... my humidity is VERY! weak so i'm
fl.gif
for thoughs 2 to hatch

Back
Top Bottom