Hatched bielefelders and CLB and cant tell a difference?

lovinghcl

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 9, 2014
We ended up with 20/23 Legbars and Bielefelders. I notice the white/yellow dot on top of heads of the cockerels but cant tell the two different breeds apart. Can someone tell me the difference when 3 days old? They all look the same to me. Blurry colors with light color dot on top of head.
15881750608214465295923894419048.jpg

Funny enough... Green fire farms is using the SAME chick pic for both breeds! :p

I usually can't see ear lobes this early but if you can then the CCL might be sporting white lobes already??

Also.. since the females are also cuckoo.. they may have the white spots on the head as the down color is the indicator for auto sexing... So maybe that darker one is actually female??

Wish I could be more help.. this is my first season working with the Bielefelder so I sill have lot's to learn and experience with regards to auto sexing distinctions. Thanks for sharing the process! :pop

Funny enough... Green fire farms is using the SAME chick pic for both breeds! :p

I usually can't see ear lobes this early but if you can then the CCL might be sporting white lobes already??

Also.. since the females are also cuckoo.. they may have the white spots on the head as the down color is the indicator for auto sexing... So maybe that darker one is actually female??

Wish I could be more help.. this is my first season working with the Bielefelder so I sill have lot's to learn and experience with regards to auto sexing distinctions. Thanks for sharing the process! :pop
Ok good to know, I'm not going crazy trying to figure this out! I wish my egg supplier would have told me how similar these two would be at hatch. I'll look at the ears and see what color I find. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom