hatchery desicion trouble!!help

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickybuddy100, Jan 29, 2015.

1. chickybuddy100

chickybuddy100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2014
    Hello I need help deciding on a hatchery to get my chicks from...I tried my pet chicken but the dates didn't cooperate And Myer hatchery had a glitch in the website so I couldn't make an account to order them MAIN QUOESTION:is there any other hatcheries yall know of that I can get chicks from I gotta order them ASAP maybe even tonight

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  2. chickybuddy100

Jul 2, 2014
    Plzzz let me know I need some kind of info tonight

3. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    ChickyBuddy: There are lots of hatcheries to choose from. It depends on what breed(s) you are looking at, where you are located, how many birds you plan on ordering. My recommendation is to spend the evening reviewing the many hatchery options available to you. Do a price comparison, as well as reading the reviews of the hatcheries, then you'll be making an informed decision.

4. 21hens-incharge

21hens-incharge Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    x2
    I did a lot of research on the hatcheries and found one that fit what I was looking for. The one I chose did not have sexed chicks in ALL the breeds I was looking at getting but I am happy....so far.
    I will know if I am truly happy when they get her and again when they start to lay. Some of the hatcheries are selling out for the season on breeds that are in high demand so I understand needing to get it done soon.

ps... I chose Cackle

5. chickybuddy100

Jul 2, 2014

thanks yall I did my research lastnight and compared prices I fount that "ideal poultry" fit my needs. And thank yall ×100

6. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I think you'll be happy with that decision. I've ordered from them several times, and have been quite pleased with my orders. I just picked up 25 chicks this past Thursday from them, all healthy, happy and cute as little buttons.

Good luck.

7. FreddyC

FreddyC Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2014
    Ideal got my business as well.

8. chickybuddy100

Jul 2, 2014

I hope so but it worries me because they haven't sent my order conformation to my email .....did yall have to have an email comformation

9. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    They sent me a confirmation email. It did take a few days to get it, but all of the breeds I ordered were unavailable. Is that the case with your too?

10. topdycke

topdycke Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2012
    Magnolia, Texas
    Keep checking in on their website. They will update it frequently when the various breeds start to lay regularly. There are some that they have pretty consistently available. March through early Summer is their main sales time. They are great to work with and do an excellent job shipping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by