hatching 10/19 - 10/20 ????

I am due on the 18th/19th. I have EE x RSL in the bator. Today is day 15 for me. I started with 14 eggs (3 were in the fridge for a day, they are growing fine so far) and 3 were clear so I tossed those. 1 is a double yolker and I think it quit a few days ago. As of last night the rest are still growing and moving. My girls are still young (22 weeks when the eggs were laid) but I tried to pick the biggest eggs, most were 1.7 to 1.9 oz when they went in the bator. The roo was only 14 weeks at the time so I was worried that they may not have been fertile so I am very happy with the rate. If I can just keep the humidity up during lockdown this time, hopefully I will get more than the 2 chicks I got from my 1st hatch.

Good luck!!!

Quote:
I am sorry about your roo
sad.png
He was a very handsome boy.

Quote:
I am sorry about your roo
sad.png
He was a very handsome boy.

Thanks
smile.png
We miss having him around, but we have hope for a little Gandalf Jr. Most of the eggs we put in have been developing, so he apparently has been doing his job. He was about 6/7 months old.

Bluemoon

My hatch date is 19th or 20th we put them in the incubator in the evening of 9/28. Our chickens are now 25 weeks... we wanted to hatch b/c our roo is soooo mean, so he has to go lol!

BlueMoon: thanks so much! that would be great i am gonna call around tomorrow and try to get internet here at the house so maybe by monday i will have it connected and be all ready to post pics as soon as they start hatching. _sonshine_: that is so neat.... we set our eggs at about the same time. only 1 more week to go and i can't wait. keep us posted about your hatch... we'll be waiting to see pics too lol good luck on your hatch

Well, I candled again last night
hide.gif
and it looks like they are all still alive
smile.png
One was a nit sluggish and I am sure that the double yolker quit but I'm afraid to take it out.

When is everyone foing into lockdown?

I'm on Day 16. So, two more days for me. I swore one of my blue eggs moved alittle in the turner.It was tilted slightly, and I know I didn't put it in there that way. Maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me though.

Bluemoon

Back
Top Bottom