hatching 10/19 - 10/20 ????

yes, it can be for sure.

Guess what? #20 I think is splash!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

This is SO awesome if its true... I had hoped for a splash rooster from this group and when the 19 hatched all I had was black & blue... this guy is SO pale looking, albeit still soaking wet... a little dry time and I should know for sure.

HOW LUCKY WILL I BE??? Even if it's a girl I think it'll be ok still...

Quote:
Best of luck to them!
thumbsup.gif

I wish I could have the same thing - chicks year-round - but too bad mines are almost all seasonal layers
hit.gif

Thats what happen when you just stick with the Exotics
idunno.gif

woot.gif
for all the new fuzz-butts! Congrats to all!

I am one who hatches in egg cartons. I don't cut the bottom out, though. I do cut the sides down. I love the method, and the ONLY time I hatch eggs on their sides not in a carton is when I am not 100% sure which end the fat end is. Marans eggs are supposed to be quite rounded on both ends, so when you have a really good one, you can't tell except via air cell development toward the end of hatch. Just my two pennies' worth!

Been ofline for a few day My Black Cochin was not a good mom she keep leaving her babies so i put them with my jap Her is what The Cochin did to one of her babies
28795_jays_deer_2009_065.jpg

and here is my Jap taking care of all 9
28795_jays_deer_2009_031.jpg

Quote:
OMG! That is so sad! I hope that doesn't scar for life! Hope that little one is gonna be alright. In regards to the rest, they are sooooo cute! Just want to hog them all up and cuddle with them : )

- Tommy

Yep thats a peck mark. Oh it was sad its healing up nice though Poor baby
Mean mean Mama
sad.png
I also have found another clutch of 16 eggs I took away half. Its my partriage cochin who is sitting now. My Oh My lots of fluffy butts
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom