So this is crazy, but I've seen on here that it can work, so here goes nothing.

My incubator has been a little inconsistent the first day of having eggs in it. My infrared thermometer read egg temperatures ranging from 98 to 102.2 degrees F, and I have more eggs coming in a few days. So assuming I haven't already cooked them, I'm going to incubate one egg from this first batch, and one from the next group.

The infrared thermometer says the skin between my boobs is 101 degrees, and the first quail egg has been in there for two hours and seen to be holding steady at 99.4 degrees. Here's hoping everything works out!

It's super hard to candle quail eggs but I'll certainly try in order to tell if this baby is developing!
In the past, in some old society tradition, the pregnant women put a chicken egg between her boobs and wait it to hatch, the myth say that the sex of her baby is the same sex of chick hatched, so that incubation method can work😂, be carefull and give us update about process , good luck 😂😂

Sorry for the lack of update!
TLDR: It works, but not that well.

This was my junior year of college, and I wanted to witness "the miracle of life" so I bought an incubator and some quail eggs. I was intrigued by the whole bracubation thing, so I gave it a try. It was clearly working, so I recruited 13 other women from my university to try to hatch eggs using bracubation.

I consulted with two ornithologists and a community agriculture professor to optimize conditions. The main consensus: if you do this, you must wrap the egg in a layer of breathable material, and change/clean it often. In my experiment, we used a piece of toilet paper or tissue and changed it every 8 hours or so. This kept our skin's oil from smothering the egg, kept it clean, and allowed it a small layer of air. Your body naturally turns the egg as you move positions, but some people tilted it every 8 hours or so.

Here are the results:

20 eggs total (some people had 2-3 eggs per bra)

10 eggs were dropped. This was the highest cause of mortality in the experiment, and it usually occurred while the person was switching out the tissue. All cracked eggs broke in the first 7 days.
1 egg cracked in a bra. Although this was the largest concern of participants, the only egg to crack in a bra did so while the person was skiing (face-palm moment)
2 eggs did not develop at all, and I suspect infertility
2 eggs developed blood rings around day 5 or 6.
5 eggs made it to hatch day, which was much later than the parallel eggs hatching in the incubator. Quail eggs hatch on day 18-21. On day 22...

2 eggs pipped
1 egg hatched all the way.

Honestly, it was a lot of work, very cool, and I don't regret it. I also went a little viral on tiktok which was fun.

When it comes down to it though, this is not the best way to hatch eggs. I had (not counting the broken eggs) a little over a 10% success rate, compared to the 60% success rate with the same batch of eggs in my cheap incubator.

If you really don't have another option, or just feel like doing a science experiment, let me know though, and I can DM you my research.

The whole reason I'm posting this is that 3 years later I'm considering trying it with chicken eggs. Don't know if I'll follow through, but if I do, you'll hear about it lol.

Edit: it was only two years ago, sorry!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom