Hatching again after 3 years, questions

Is there a way to avoid what they call shrink wrapped when you open Bator when chicks are hatching on 21st day

Is there a way to avoid what they call shrink wrapped when you open Bator when chicks are hatching on 21st day
I open my bator frequently during hatch with absolutely no ill effects (to date), but I keep my humidity at 75% and if it heads toward the 65% mark I have water handy to add to a sponge in the bator to bring it right back up.

In the beginning, yes, they can. Just keep an eye on it and make sure no one has pasty butt. Once they start eating you should see more consistancy in poo, but there's a vast range of "poo differences" that is considered normal.

Haha, Yes! I noticed my turkey plopped out a big, dark, melted-chocolate looking poo the other day. So...I googled it. Tons of pics online about chicken/duck/turkey/etc poo out there! An just in case you are curious, the melted-chocolate looking poo happens about every 6-8 times they poo. Its cecal poop, and normal. LOL

Haha, Yes! I noticed my turkey plopped out a big, dark, melted-chocolate looking poo the other day. So...I googled it. Tons of pics online about chicken/duck/turkey/etc poo out there! An just in case you are curious, the melted-chocolate looking poo happens about every 6-8 times they poo. Its cecal poop, and normal. LOL
I know!! The first time I saw a "poster" for normal poo I'm like really?? Wow??? And the "melted chocolate poo" OMG that's rank. At least with mine it is. Peewwwww city!!

Back
Top Bottom