Hatching air cell question. What is better for larger air cell, hen or incubator?

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I have a few eggs from a health food store, (the farm is near me.) I am letting room temp. A few of the eggs have larger aircells, not too crazy...
aaq.PNG

should I put in an incubator, or under a hen?

I have a few eggs from a health food store, (the farm is near me.) I am letting room temp. A few of the eggs have larger aircells, not too crazy...View attachment 2561080
should I put in an incubator, or under a hen?
I would put them in an incubator, if they have problems you will want to be able to assist, and make humidity adjustments during the incubation.

How good is your hatch rate compared to your broody hen? I think the eggs are good or they are not. What you hatch them with will probably not affect wheather or not they start. Were the eggs sold for hatching or eating? Last year I bought duck eggs to hatch, but did not get a good look at them until in the car (Covid ). The air cells were huge and two eggs look extra white and no shine. All that hatched...all that started were 2 chickens.

They are eating eggs, but they do have one rooster. Most of the eggs were clear, but I have 3 on day 6. I don't need a bunch, but I do like the chicks that have hatched from the little tan eggs in the past. And I can always use a chicken with a blue egg gene boy/girl.
3 o.PNG

Back
Top Bottom