Hatching Chicks With A Heat Pad And A Egg Carton Experiment

Pics
OHH Honey- I am holding my breath waiting for hatch day- please post pics. I feel like a relative of the little things. This is better than soap operas on TV.
I will take many photos of the chicks and even pictures of the egg carton and where to put the stuff inside of it. I can't wait either! I have to tell my family to hide the flashlight when it is not candling day because I just can't stop looking at them, they are so precious!

Day 18 (chicken incubation, 16 days)- So... there is nothing to report right now, the eggs are fine and I can't wait for them to hatch. In fact I am looking forwards to it way more than Easter. Anyway, I just feel like telling you guys the reason to why I am doing this experiment. So awhile ago, my b-day rolls in this year and I asked my dad if I could get an incubator and a goose. He said that I am more likely to get the goose instead of the incubator, and guess what, I didn't get the goose. So then incubatorless and gooseless, I start to bug my father over and over, and he cracked eventually. He said something like, "Fine you can get an incubator,"And I was just so excited and then he said, "You must make it yourself," and he just walked away, laughing like a maniac.:barnie:th Later that day, I heard my dad talking to my mom saying that I could never accomplish making a successful incubator and I was like, challenge accepted. I will tell you guys his reaction when they hatch. (5 more days till hatch day!)

Day 18 (chicken incubation, 16 days)- So... there is nothing to report right now, the eggs are fine and I can't wait for them to hatch. In fact I am looking forwards to it way more than Easter. Anyway, I just feel like telling you guys the reason to why I am doing this experiment. So awhile ago, my b-day rolls in this year and I asked my dad if I could get an incubator and a goose. He said that I am more likely to get the goose instead of the incubator, and guess what, I didn't get the goose. So then incubatorless and gooseless, I start to bug my father over and over, and he cracked eventually. He said something like, "Fine you can get an incubator,"And I was just so excited and then he said, "You must make it yourself," and he just walked away, laughing like a maniac.:barnie:th Later that day, I heard my dad talking to my mom saying that I could never accomplish making a successful incubator and I was like, challenge accepted. I will tell you guys his reaction when they hatch. (5 more days till hatch day!)
Is he aware that you have this in progress?? I hope they ALL hatch!!!
:hugs:thumbsup:yesss:

I made an homemade incubator out of a styrofoam cooler. It works great. I was candling the eggs around day 19 and there were some I thought were quitters so I put them in a pulp egg carton. The temperature had been running a little high. I went into the room where I had the homemade incubator and chicks were starting to hatch. Wow. I went out of the room and came back in a few minutes later and heard peeping and it wasn't coming from the incubator. Surprise, some of the eggs I put in the pulp carton had hatched. I thought they were quitters. Now if I suspect eggs are quitters, I mark them and put them back in. Here is another one I thought was a quitter. Good luck and have fun...
IMG_20160415_132549.jpg

Back
Top Bottom