Hatching duck eggs

lol yes sorry for all of the questions
big_smile.png
and thank you for taking your time to answer all of them
tongue.png
i appreciate it! hmm.. i think im leaning mostly towards pekins. the only thing i dontt really like about them is their size, are they really huuge? haha i would prefer the size of the call ducks, but i hear they are very loud and noisy lil buggers and also, they can fly and id be worried about them flying away or over to a neighbors and getting into trouble lol
big_smile.png
hmm... if i think of anymore questions (which im sure i will) ill be back to post them
tongue.png

so so so so sooooo CUTE! i think ducklings haave to be the cutest things on the planettt <333 i cant wait to have some of my own!! now i just need to find some eggs
th.gif
lol

Quote:
I didn't mess with hatchin, i just went to the local TCS and bought them. Its easier. I got mine when they were 2 wks but you can get them way younger if your looking to Imprint one.
I have a African gosling with a 12day old khaki campbell, and they are both imprinted on me. yes im a momma so soon after the Pekin's got out of the house. now i have these:
91314_pend-coco_first_time_out_grazin.jpg

91314_on_the_couch_having_a_visit_with_auntie_laura10days-9days.jpg
Watchin TV with mom on the couch, JUDGE JUDY! lol

that little goosling is soo cunning! and so is the khaki ducky of course
tongue.png
how old were they when you got them so that they still were able to imprint on you? buying them would be a lot easier than hatching, but i really want them to be imprinted on me
love.gif

we had our 3 girls from 1 day old and handled them a lot, it makes a big difference as we got the drake at 1year and he is not as relaxed around people. the girls eat out of your hand and you have to step over them in the garden, they also follow us when we are gardening
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom