Hatching ducklings

His dad is a fawn and white runner and his mom is Pekin. I think he is gorgeous. He has a brother I rehomed that looks just like him. All the other ducks I got from this combo are blue.

Well that's odd, lol! Are you sure dad was a fawn and white runner? All his daughters should be chocolate in some form, if he was fawn and white.

Also, the drake shouldn't be able to be fawn and white unless both his parents were chocolate in some form. Which is possible, since the pekin could be chocolate, but then all the ducklings from that pairing should be some kind of chocolate.

Yes I'm sure I got these eggs from @Texag87 who only has one drake, a fawn and white runner. You can see it in his avatar. I'm pretty sure these are pekin eggs, they are big birds. All the birds but these two drakes are blue. I was surprised to get the colors in the two drakes. Could it be because they are male?

Yes I'm sure I got these eggs from @Texag87 who only has one drake, a fawn and white runner. You can see it in his avatar. I'm pretty sure these are pekin eggs, they are big birds. All the birds but these two drakes are blue. I was surprised to get the colors in the two drakes. Could it be because they are male?

Actually, them being male makes it MORE unlikely. A drake has to get two copies of chocolate, one from each parent, in order for it to express. A female needs to get only one.

That's why I was saying it's weird you have blue females - they should be lilac, actually, since if their father was fawn and white, he'd have passed chocolate to them, which would have expressed, and they would be chocolate in some form. A chocolate-colored drake to any non-chocolate hen actually creates sex-linked ducklings.

Well, maybe they are lilac. Sometimes with the blue and chocolate genes together it's hard to tell, since they're both dilution genes.

Here are their baby pictures that brown one was Rouen and looks that as adult. The other two drakes look like mine and the female is blue. All females I have from this pairing have been blue. These two drakes are the exception.

Attachments

• 20191121_103152.jpg
    20191121_103152.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 3
Here are their baby pictures that brown one was Rouen and looks that as adult. The other two drakes look like mine and the female is blue. All females I have from this pairing have been blue. These two drakes are the exception.

I bet they're lilac/lavender. This is a lavender ancona. You can see how it just looks kinda gray and it's hard to tell there's chocolate involved - but there is.

Ancona-ducks--Lavender-drake-027-400.jpg

10eggs in the tree. If you are willing to break the shelter in place orders

Back
Top Bottom