Hatching eggs for the first time!! Any tips?

Chickens4Life101

Songster
Apr 30, 2018
So I have discovered that our cream legbar, Leah, has gone broody! We have decided to let her hatch eggs. I was a bit delayed posting this, but we are currently on day 6 and I checked and there are 12 eggs under her. I dont have any questions or concerns right now, but since this is my first time, any tips would be very helpful!

Tip No. 1: Let your broody do her job!
Tip No. 2: Don't panic!
Tip No. 3: Don't mess with the eggs too much. If you want to candle do so on specific days, e.g. day 7 or 10, 14 and or 18 and then leave them alone unless they are very late, in which case candle again and see what's going on! Ask questions and read the articles on hatching and assisting, if required, BEFORE getting to that point!
Tip No. 4: Enjoy the heck out of the experience and the resulting babies!
Tip No. 5: Post pics. of mom and babies. This is more of a request than a tip!:lol:

Tip No. 1: Let your broody do her job!
Tip No. 2: Don't panic!
Tip No. 3: Don't mess with the eggs too much. If you want to candle do so on specific days, e.g. day 7 or 10, 14 and or 18 and then leave them alone unless they are very late, in which case candle again and see what's going on! Ask questions and read the articles on hatching and assisting, if required, BEFORE getting to that point!
Tip No. 4: Enjoy the heck out of the experience and the resulting babies!
Tip No. 5: Post pics. of mom and babies. This is more of a request than a tip!:lol:

Thank you so much!! I will post pics of mom and her babies

Back
Top Bottom