Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, sorry to bother everyone again. But I have 2 orders of call duck eggs packaged up and ready to ship. But can't find anyones address's to ship them. I have little call duck eggs in the bator growing away.

Does anyone have any of these address's so I can ship to them today:

Filumene
Debs_Flock
Bettacreek

Thanks
sorry, dont have those

This made me giggle. Our livingroom turned into a game room, which is now the chick room. My oldest daughter gets on skype with her gamer friends and they always laugh at the chirping and peeping in the background. I love having them in the livingroom, eaiser to get to them, but I cannot wait until they can enjoy the outside warmth. 4 brooder boxes in the house makes for loads of "chick dust" everywhere. Not good for my allergies and I'll be sporting Pinkeye again if I am not careful.
I am enjoying a cup of coffee before I get started cleaning, watering, and feeding. Which is an everyday thing here. As soon as I clear out the 6 wk chicks, I have another batch of 4 week olds ready to go in that brooder. DH calls it the circle of crazy. The kids joke that it is musical boxes.
That's funny. One of our spare bedrooms(11x9) we were turning into our daughters new bedroom and there current bedroom was to be turned into my sewing room! Well that's been taking waaaay to long so now the "new" bedroom is now the "chick" room!!! Thta's ok the girls' current room will end up being way bigger anyway when we are done with it(11x13) and there are three of them so they are actually more happy! Last year we had them in the childrens playroom and that got really really dusty, then we tried to keep the chicks out in the garage but that was just too cold. So we are back to doing it in the house! Our cats have there own bedroom maybe we will just kick them out of there bedroom and have the chicks in that! Actually that's not a bad idea maybe I'll come up with a plan to divide the room ooh love it when I come up with ideas in the middle of typing!!

sometimes I beleive you are better off not writing anything on the box about eggs
I got a box same time from overoberyl all she had on it was fragile. No damage to it. I think you might have it right WV ! they target the egg boxes.
barnie.gif

Ok, sorry to bother everyone again. But I have 2 orders of call duck eggs packaged up and ready to ship. But can't find anyones address's to ship them. I have little call duck eggs in the bator growing away.

Does anyone have any of these address's so I can ship to them

Filumene
Debs_Flock
Bettacreek

Thanks

I'll send you bettacreek

Im new at all this just habe a question I have a chick hatching we csn hear it and thete is a crack in egg. Do I need to do anything with it and how long should it take

Im new at all this just habe a question I have a chick hatching we csn hear it and thete is a crack in egg. Do I need to do anything with it and how long should it take
just let it be, thats is what it is supposed to do. It may come out in 10 minutes or it may take hours but don"t open the incubator. good luck

Last edited:

Congrats on your first hatch! You Gould just leave it alone, as long as the egg keeps breaking, the chick will be fine. Could take 24 hours. They go by their own schedule. Make sure you don't open the incubator so the humidity doesn't drop, that will cause problems for the chick.

Ok so I am starting to get worried, how is lockdown handled on an egg under a broody? Should I bring her in now before we get to Tuesday(day 18) it still gets under 20 at night some nights and I am so paranoid my brand-new-never-done-this-before broody will do something wrong. I read somewhere Cochins are good broodies but not such great mothers. I am so paranoid about when the egg starts hatching she will get off the nest and the poor thing will freeze to death! She has been really good so far except for covering her nest when she gets off the egg BUT the egg is still going so she must be doing something right even with our crazy temps! I don't have the box set up for them quite yet but I could do it in an hour which I will probably do tonight anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom