Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last fall I had a box of eggs go from Ohio all the way to Alaska before finally being delivered to me in Missouri. Took a week to get here, and I still got two of them to hatch.
ep.gif

Finally have my thermostat, hooked her up and... NO FREAKING POWER to my thermostat! We had assumed that it was because the other one was dislocated at the power source, but apparently, it's STILL wired incorrectly, despite following the stinking directions. This is seriously insanely laughable.

Well, I just sold 2 roosters to a Mennonite family down the street, an Aloha with wrytail, and a splash Violet Laced Wyandotte (project). Down to 25 adults and a cazillion chicks.

I got lovely eggs from Donna today! Lovely, lovely Cuckoo/Blue Cuckoo Marans eggs! Yay!

And I have six of the Ameraucanas out and more pipped! WooHoo!

I need to alter my brooding arrangements. Again. I tried the pine pellets in my brooder cages indoors. At first, I liked them. But Oh! My! the DUST! I am not a clean freak, but I do like things reasonable! So the babies are currently back on towels, but that's a lot of bleach loads going into the septic tank!

What are other options? I'm so used to brooding outdoors, in the henhouse, that adjusting to small batch raising is just throwing me!

I might've mentioned, I'm not sure, but the call duck eggs from Reese came today! They all survived the trip (but I haven't candled to see if the PO screwed up the air cells, lol). Wish me luck with them! (And the bator too, please!)

Caj1985... The eggs you sent were lost for awhile. Well, they just showed up IN TEXAS!!! I'm in Michigan. Why would eggs go from Arkansas to TEXAS before coming to Michigan? :(

mine still says Fayetteville, AR  :(

I still dont know where mine are. I called them yesterday and they told me they were in transit.

Here's to hoping that both of our eggs arrive soon and that we both have a great hatch! :D

I got lovely eggs from Donna today! Lovely, lovely Cuckoo/Blue Cuckoo Marans eggs! Yay!

And I have six of the Ameraucanas out and more pipped! WooHoo!

I need to alter my brooding arrangements. Again. I tried the pine pellets in my brooder cages indoors. At first, I liked them. But Oh! My! the DUST! I am not a clean freak, but I do like things reasonable! So the babies are currently back on towels, but that's a lot of bleach loads going into the septic tank!

What are other options? I'm so used to brooding outdoors, in the henhouse, that adjusting to small batch raising is just throwing me!

I've done the bedding, paper towels and now wire. Wire is my favorite so far. The bedding is okay, but a pain to change out, especially if you use water dishes/founts, plus the dust. I swear, you get a 3" layer of dust on everything each week. The paper towels are the best for the first few days, so they don't choke on the bedding (I killed a poult when I forgot about this :( ), then I like the wire. Even the paper towels, even if changed constantly, still gave me problems with poopy feet. I was constantly washing feet and changing paper towels. The wire? Perfectly clean little feet, no sores, and since they're actually outside now, I can just clean that poo up with the entire coop cleaning, since it drops to the main flock's bedding floor. You could do it inside, just put newsprint down underneath. You'd have to change regularly still, but you wouldn't have to wash everyones' feet every day at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom