Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and TNbearchick apparently your broody hen sent broody waves to my girls. One of my black orp hens is broody and I swear the chocolate is acting it too.

Oh and TNbearchick apparently your broody hen sent broody waves to my girls. One of my black orp hens is broody and I swear the chocolate is acting it too.
I can't believe the broodiness going on! The young orp and my BLRW- never in my life have I heard of a hen being broody for over 2 months! If the eggs under her don't hatch by next Monday I am giving her 19 day old eggs that have been in my incubator.

Oh I understand that...thats how most are. I'm just a softy...mine are spoiled pets for the most part. I sold 3 bantam cochins the other day...and it was really hard to let them go lol...I gotta get tougher. :0(

Oh I understand that...thats how most are. I'm just a softy...mine are spoiled pets for the most part. I sold 3 bantam cochins the other day...and it was really hard to let them go lol...I gotta get tougher. :0(
I find it harder to dispatch a grown bird then I do a chick. We had a silkie rooster that was cross beaked. Should have put him down when he was younger but we didn't. Hard to do once you get to know them. And very few birds have reserved the right to call this place home permanently. I have 2 right now, they won't leave unless they die. Most of the others will go eventually and be replaced.

I can't believe the broodiness going on! The young orp and my BLRW- never in my life have I heard of a hen being broody for over 2 months! If the eggs under her don't hatch by next Monday I am giving her 19 day old eggs that have been in my incubator.
Yeah, I wasn't expecting it at all but that's okay. I'll break out the rabbit cage if need be.

Can someone tell me when to take chicks out of the bator. My first hatched at 11 am my other 2 at 5 pm. There are 9 more eggs how long should i leave chicks in there before i put them in brooder.

ok, I was finally having a good hatch with marans, except the last three to hatch today, 2 with crossbeaks and one that had its abdomen grown around its leg...actually looked like it was handcuffed to itself...never saw anything like that before... this sucks, I now have three chicks to cull
hit.gif
:hugs That's awful! So sorry!

Can someone tell me when to take chicks out of the bator. My first hatched at 11 am my other 2 at 5 pm. There are 9 more eggs how long should i leave chicks in there before i put them in brooder.

If its a styrofoam I'd leave them in or have a spray bottle of warm water ready to spritz the remaining eggs but you want to be quick

Well I am heading Northwest tomorrow morning. I have a truck load of chickens and chicks coming with me!! There are a few it will be hard to hand over to thier new owners! But they are all doing well. CPL I will see you Friday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom