Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah....you are S.O.L. now! Once they start.....they will cry pitifully for you every moment you are within hearing distance. And they will try to bodily separate you from any species that may be a competitor for your love. They are like firstborn children.

DH named him/her wizard. B/c he/she wraped everyone around their finger so quickly. Sadly.... I think this one will have to stay inside here with me for a while. Or until the husband threatens to kick one of us out.
gig.gif

Nope nope nope nope gotta send em both here! That way there's no fighting!
1f479.png
Nuuuuuuuuuuu lol

So, I guess she needs a name.:idunno .  I tried really hard not to get attached....I can't keep them all.  And suggestions?

Well lets see? If I knew who momma was then I could come up with something from that. Ours are named Merry,Harvey,Fidget, Bridget, Gidget,Didget, Widget, Prissy, Sissy, and the old ladies haven't gotten names yet. Depends on their personalities. The ones from our Xmas hatch that we kept are Steve, the kids favorite, mutt, Jeff and the sweetest little girl is Lily. We like to find names that fit their personalities. Fidget is fidgety. She can't let your fingers be. She's the only biter we have, but she's not mean she just likes to have your finger in her beak Lima a pacifier.

So find something about her that stands out. At least that's how we do it.

Well lets see? If I knew who momma was then I could come up with something from that. Ours are named Merry,Harvey,Fidget, Bridget, Gidget,Didget, Widget, Prissy, Sissy, and the old ladies haven't gotten names yet. Depends on their personalities. The ones from our Xmas hatch that we kept are Steve, the kids favorite, mutt, Jeff and the sweetest little girl is Lily. We like to find names that fit their personalities. Fidget is fidgety. She can't let your fingers be. She's the only biter we have, but she's not mean she just likes to have your finger in her beak Lima a pacifier.

So find something about her that stands out. At least that's how we do it.
She is normally really quiet and very sweet. She spends most of her day perching on the edge of the brooder staring pensively out of the window. She watches everything!!! If we are cooking, she perches on the other side of the brooder so she can watch us. She is very protective over the other birds, offering a wing to them when they perch with her. When she gets out of the brooder to stare out the window more throughly, she usually jumps right back into her box when she is done. She only got loud and needy when her buddies went home. She is from you, I wonder who her mama is? She is pretty petite and graceful.

Quote:
We actually have a donkey too, that does nothing. This is "Augustus" (aka "Gus").

4922349.jpg

The raccoons and possums just stopped caring that there is anything out there. We have a dog on a run, they learned to walk around him. We have a donkey. They avoid him. We have geese in the outermost runs, they leave them alone and kill everything else around them. It's just a losing battle. They just kill birds for the fun of it. I hate the buggers and I'm sick and tired of fighting so hard to get so far behind.
hit.gif

We actually have a donkey too, that does nothing. This is "Augustus" (aka "Gus").

4922349.jpg

The raccoons and possums just stopped caring that there is anything out there. We have a dog on a run, they learned to walk around him. We have a donkey. They avoid him. We have geese in the outermost runs, they leave them alone and kill everything else around them. It's just a losing battle. They just kill birds for the fun of it. I hate the buggers and I'm sick and tired of fighting so hard to get so far behind.
hit.gif

Horrible. I'm really so sad for you. Makes you want to get your gun. They are devils when you have chickens... I used to help save them too, when I volunteered at a wildlife rehab place, but that seems different...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom