Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
build salad frames covered in wire and seed them so anything that grows above the wire is for them to eat but they can kill the spot scratching in it

Good Idea, Never thought of that. Hubby is building me some new coops now and I was gonna plant some goodies in there for them, Never thought of putting something around them.

they are great. Simple wood frame, harware cloth of flight netting stapled across the top. Fill with soil and seed and water. You can line the side of the runs with them and grow different items but still have walking space. Depending on how wide you make them be aware they may need cross support so the wire doesnt sag in

He thinks he is stunning too. He is a nice boy.

hey I have one of those big boys too lol

you guys are killing me....I need orps! I need big fluffy butted orps!!!!!!
love.gif
Seriously...I need them bad.
Well I had kind of a crappy two days soo I got myself a couple of treats.
Initially I just went into the feed store to look and cheer myself up but I couldn't resist.
Besides I need someone to keep me company while I have my nose plastered to the incubator glass.
cool! you will spoil them rotten! what kind are they?
build salad frames covered in wire and seed them so anything that grows above the wire is for them to eat but they can kill the spot scratching in it

they are great. Simple wood frame, harware cloth of flight netting stapled across the top. Fill with soil and seed and water. You can line the side of the runs with them and grow different items but still have walking space. Depending on how wide you make them be aware they may need cross support so the wire doesnt sag in
I love this idea!!! I wonder if it would work for goats...tend to eat things a little too close.

frow.gif
G'morning peeps!!!! I've decided to hatch some of my white bresse/NN OE eggs just to see what they look like. Let me tell you, those White Bresse are laying machines. I've gotten 2-3 eggs a day consistently from hens. Put eggs into lockdown this morning: bantam orps for wvstruttin and 1 black barth egg.

I have a question. How do you darken an egg yolk? One of my black barths lays a pale yellow yolk which I'm assuming is part of the reason I'm having incubation problems with her eggs.
Yolk color is from what they eat, she may not be doing well or getting shoved away from the food, I have noticed if one of get sick or just week it usually shows up in the egg first. Try giving her vitamins and probiotics, If your not use BraGGS aPPLE CIDER VINEGAR TO. Just my thoughts.

lol...I will send you some eggs but probably by the time mine are laying
fl.gif
you will likely have all you want.
Oh! Going Sunday to look/get some Gold Laced Orps
fl.gif
Have to sell a few birds at the auction, to cover some of the cost, so hubby doesn't throw a total fit!
We are supposed to trade JUbilees for red Orps and maybe Partidge this fall
celebrate.gif

Would anyone on here be willing to sell a trio of Crested and/or Non-crested CL? I'm in no rush, so it could be this spring or in the fall. Thanks!

No as the idea isnt for hoof stock or anything with weight behind it. Chickens weigh so very little tey can walk across the frames without damaging them allowing the bed to keep growing.

Since goats are browsers (trees, shrubs, brush) not graizers (grass/pastures) its a different feeding concept. You can grow fodder for the goats as an additional food source

Morning guys!
Day 2 of major work here.
We finished up one whole barn of birds yesterday. Heading to the game barn today to clean pens and spray to keep any mites at bay! Fresh straw, cleaning feeders and waters...etc. It always sounds like less work then it is. Then I need to mow the grass in front of the house. The guinea's found a snake yesterday.
DH has spoiled me way too much. Woke up this morning from working yesterday, and felt like I was dieing. lol

Hope everyone has a wonderful and productive day!!!

Sometimes I think I work nightshift lol. Was up far too late far too much recently prepping boxes to send out.

1. 7 boxes of birds leaving today
  2. 4 boxes of eggs leaving today
  3. 1 feather plucker being finished up
  4. hatcher full of goslings popping out faster than I can keep up with this morning

gonna be a good day cause Ihave turkey love greeting me too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom