Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guineas at auction here went for $25 a piece. Adults did. I thought about after filling my orders taking them to the auction for that price.

Do bird prices stay stable at auctions or are they higher in the spring and tank when everyone starts getting chicks from early eggs?

Quote:
Prices at auction around here get more pricey during the spring after spring they go way down.

loud and cheery
thumbsup.gif

Do bird prices stay stable at auctions or are they higher in the spring and tank when everyone starts getting chicks from early eggs?
ours were higher late Jan-Mar...then started dropping. In February I saw "Ameraucana" hens go for 35.00 each, next year I will start hatching in December-January. Maybe make some of my money back...lol!

of course that's also tax refund time.

Last edited:
It's too bad my inkies are full....hubby wants some, and I do not want to start with juvenile or adult guineas...my luck they would haul butt and never come back!

I need another incubator....
I have some in my inkies and so does my neighbor he is hatching for me. If I get a decent hatch, I will share.

awesome!
hugs.gif

you do still want a couple of these cockerals don't you?
Yep. DH is supposed to finish my upgrade to digital thermostat today. Hopefully the Rhodebar eggs I have waiting will give me at least a couple of decent pullets. If not, RIR's are waiting in the wings. I need a decent cockerel to put in my layer coop. That Mottled Houdan is NUTS! He and the hens startle at anything. Of course that may be why they have survived the recent dog attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom