Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horizon, I order cases and try to keep up on having them in stock
Can you get a picture of it for me? I bought some from the person who took over the business where I use to order them. I was sorely disappointed in the new ones. 1/2" smaller in the width yet selling for the same price.

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to stop in and give everyone an update on what is happening with me, just so you understand why I have been so inconsistent. My mother passed away very unexpectedly earlier this spring. She is my best friend, it is like losing two people; my mom and my best friend. I guess I coped by obsessing over chicks. Two weeks later, I lost my grandmother as well. This, at least, was a bit less unexpected. On Mother's Day, my niece had a miscarriage. I have been trying so hard to keep it all together and keep all my comittments and relationships going with all of you.

Looking at all the emails I have yet to answer, I guess I am just not keeping it as together as I thought and I feel like I am drowning right now. Please know that if I owe you something, I am trying as hard as I possibly can to get it together and get on it for you. This just sucks BIG TIME!

I know you all get it, running a small farm and having and raising animals means you can't take a break, you do have that luxury. Please know I care very, very much about the promises I have made. My roommates are going to help me work on them today and tomorrow.
Hugs. That sounds really tough.
We lost our breeder pens last night in the storm , but we're able to find most of the birds and get them in safe our loss was minimal compared to what's going on, we feel very blessed that our home was spared and our goats are in good shape , lots of big trees down and lots of debris to clean up and rebuild our pens but all is good we survived now if Can get through this day without any more wind we should be fine. Thanks for all the prayers .
Oh, man. I hope the rest of your birds turn up and so sorry to hear about the damage. but glad the goats are okay!!! I love goats and I swear the picture that got to me the most with these storm photos is the one of a mare with her foal...the human kids thing is just and abstract that I cant/don't want to wrap my head around, but that picture of a mare comforting her hurt foal really got to me for some reason.

Hugs. That sounds really tough.
Oh, man. I hope the rest of your birds turn up and so sorry to hear about the damage. but glad the goats are okay!!! I love goats and I swear the picture that got to me the most with these storm photos is the one of a mare with her foal...the human kids thing is just and abstract that I cant/don't want to wrap my head around, but that picture of a mare comforting her hurt foal really got to me for some reason.

I missed that one. Is it on the internet?

Has anyone seen Carla (Krazykat) on here since yesterday? She is across the line in OK. I didn't hear of any major damage her way, but...

I don't want to call and disturb her but am kind of worried about the status of both her places.

Last edited:
We lost our breeder pens last night in the storm , but we're able to find most of the birds and get them in safe our loss was minimal compared to what's going on, we feel very blessed that our home was spared and our goats are in good shape , lots of big trees down and lots of debris to clean up and rebuild our pens but all is good we survived now if Can get through this day without any more wind we should be fine. Thanks for all the prayers .
As for burning bridges, I will be burning one here soon as well. I had not planned to go into the summer raising chicks indoors not hatching anymore swapped eggs. For the most part I have gotten what I claimed except from a few individuals. Summer starts officially one month from today. I have one more swap coming from Aye and a few from KrazyKat. After that, I'm done with hatching for a bit which also means no more chicks. Since some couldn't get their swaps out in time, guess I will forfeit those. I just can't wait for them to do the right thing.
Madam if you would like to wait until towards the end of summer/beginning of fall, when they start laying real well, I can hatch out a bunch and grow them out and just ship them to you, if you want to pay shipping.

Has anyone seen Carla (Krazykat) on here since yesterday? She is across the line in OK. I didn't hear of any major damage her way, but...

I don't want to call and disturb her but am kind of worried about the status of both her places.
Doing good Crystal, no damage, only lost one of the birds. Glad you are on and you guys made it ok!
hugs.gif
and you can call me anytime!

And! I got another Spangled egg and a Crele egg....guess the storm didn't bother them!
wee.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom